x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Square Appointments in the UK

Hi Everyone,

Do you think we will ever get Square Appointments in the UK, I am sure everyone would love this service, and it would certainly help me with my day to day running of my business.

Kind regards 

Bryan  

Message 1 of 18
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Brymonte23, thank you for your post! Our team are working hard to bring this functionality to the UK market. While we don't have a timeline or date to share right now, I'll be sure to follow-up on this thread when I have more information.

We do have a number of partners who offer booking and scheduling services. You can find a list of them here

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 18
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I'm glad to announce that Square Appointments is now available in the UK ๐ŸŽ‰. Thank you for sticking with us while we work to bring this feature here.

You can read more about Square Appointments here. Let me know if you have any question and I'll be happy to help!

Tra

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Brymonte23, thank you for your post! Our team are working hard to bring this functionality to the UK market. While we don't have a timeline or date to share right now, I'll be sure to follow-up on this thread when I have more information.

We do have a number of partners who offer booking and scheduling services. You can find a list of them here

Tra
Message 2 of 18
Beta Member

I need this feature, all my sales are appointment based, would much rather use an integrated square solution, rather than a third party.

Message 3 of 18
Beta Member

I am the same all my business is based around appointments 

Message 4 of 18

I am very disappointed with this. One of the main reasons I joined was for the appointments because, without the key features like appointments, many of us might as well use Shopify or another platform which has better presence and integrations. I don't understand how when a product is available in the US, and the language is the same, and it's a SaaS product, why it takes more than 3 years to make it available in the UK. It makes no rational sense. Especially as the rest of the platform exists in the UK.

So, I have to wonder if there are problems with the product or if there are some legal issues. Because based on reading this and other threads on this topic, no answer has ever been given. It's always been that it is coming. 

Message 5 of 18
Admin

Hi @RyanUK, thanks for your post and I completely understand your frustration!

Even though the product exists in the US and the language might be the same, it can take time for our team to fully localise it. Localisation isn't just us spelling things the right way or correcting the date format, but it is also to make sure that the workflow, functionalities and all other parts that come with it work and make sense for a UK seller and customer, testing for any bugs or potential issues and more.

I really appreciate your patience as we work to bring more products and functionalities to the UK market. I'll be sure to follow up on this thread when there are more information to share. 

Tra
Message 6 of 18

Hi, almost all of my business is done on square: point of sale, online shop, gift cards etc. But, I still have to take my appointments from another provider. It would be a great addition on Square for services if appointment planner / scheduler is introduced.

One that allows clients publicly book appointments, reschedule, pay ahead (in full or deposit - depending on the setting put on by the salon), automated sms appointment confirmation and automated appointment reminder sent a day before the service. Integrated to point of sale - where you can complete the transaction and also with the option to mark the client as โ€œarrivedโ€ on the day or โ€œno showโ€.

Message 7 of 18
Admin

Hi @KallysHair, thanks for sharing this! It sounds like Square Appointments may do what you need! We're hoping to bring this feature to the UK soon but I don't have a timeline on when this will be available. However, I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Message 8 of 18

Thanks for your response. Good to know that this already exist in the US. This means that it shouldnโ€™t be as difficult to provide the same product to your U.K market. I would appreciate it if you can escalate this to the correct department - as this is a tool that would really help Square-UK users. 

Message 9 of 18
Beta Member

As an IT trainer (Online and On-site) I really need the appointment feature for my services. 

Message 10 of 18
Admin

Hi @SR_, thanks for letting us know! We're hoping to bring Square Appointments to the UK market soon. While I don't have a timeline to share right now, I'll be sure to update this thread when I have more information from our team. 

Tra
Message 11 of 18
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I'm glad to announce that Square Appointments is now available in the UK ๐ŸŽ‰. Thank you for sticking with us while we work to bring this feature here.

You can read more about Square Appointments here. Let me know if you have any question and I'll be happy to help!

Tra
Message 12 of 18

This is fantastic news. I spent the last 2 days trying other solutions ๐Ÿ™‚

So glad.

Message 13 of 18

Amazing news!!

What a relief for Square U.K Users.

I have just had a go at it and so far, it looks great! Only one issue I would say; the automated sms confirmation needs to include a โ€œNo-Replyโ€ text at the end of the message. My experience with services like this (appointment confirmation and reminders), is that our clients instinctively respond to the automated text, asking to either cancel or reschedule their appointment. Since is sms isnโ€™t from our number, we donโ€™t get the reply and are oblivious to the content of the reply from our clients, only to end up having a โ€œno-showโ€ on the day. So, a simple โ€œNo-Replyโ€ at the end of the confirmation and appointment reminder text would help prevent that. 

Message 14 of 18
Admin

Thanks for trying out Square Appointments @KallysHair! ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ

I understand what you mean and I agree your suggestion would be useful! I've shared your request with the Appointments team - thanks very much for sharing your feedback here! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 15 of 18

Thatโ€™s great! Looking forward to the addition.

Also, I noticed there isnโ€™t an sms reminder for upcoming appointments. I got an email reminder, but not every customer uses email - I have clients that rather use their phone number when booking appointments. Our previous appointment scheduler had sms reminder and that was a very important tool as it reminded our clients of their upcoming appointment 24 hours before the service. It is very important as it greatly reduces the chances of โ€œno-showsโ€. 

Please consider making this simple addition too. 

Thank you so much.

Michael.

Message 16 of 18

Hello,

Just a follow-up. I have since seen the customer reminder sms configuration option. Great addition! 

Message 17 of 18
Admin

Thanks @KallysHair! You are correct, your customers will receive a text message reminder and/or an email reminder before their appointment - 1 hour prior is the minimum time you can set reminders and 3 days prior is the maximum. You can update your preferences from your online Square Dashboard > click Appointments > Settings > Communications. Thanks again for all your feedback!

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 18 of 18