x
Super Seller

Can only use one gift card online

I'm hesitant to put this as a feature request as it seems so basic I think I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that you can only use one gift card per transaction online? 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Sam_400º, thanks for your post! At the moment, you are limited to only one eGift Card per online transaction. Can you let me know a bit more details on what the use case for this? I can check in with our team to see if there is anything in the work or if they have a workaround for this as well. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

At the risk of sounding like a smart ass @tranguyen, it would be so people can use more than one gift cart if they have them..... 

What's come up for me is that I've sent out a grands worth of gift cards to the local schools to distribute to kids that need them. Unsurprisingly some families have got 2 or 3 cards as they've got more than one kid at the school so if they go to place an order it all gets complicated. 

So one order that wanted to be placed with 3 £10 vouchers:

3 £9 pizzas 
2 £1.50 cakes

There is no way they could have placed this order online, even in multiple transactions - even though they had gift cards that would cover the full amount. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for your reply @Sam_400º! It's always good to have a detailed case study for these type of feature requests. I've flagged this to our Product team as something we can add in. I'm going to have a look on my end and see if there are any workarounds as well.

As an alternative, you can also generate a coupon code and send it to families so they can use them for the balance of the purchase. It's definitely a bit messier but can work temporarily. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4