x

Contact form attachment

Please can we have the ability for attachments on the contact form?

Also is there any suggested workaround because from what I see going off other feature requests it could be some time before this is done, assuming it's not rejected

Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hi @PeteC, thank you for your post and sharing this suggestion! I'm just looking for a workaround on my end and just want to clarify - are you looking to let customers attach a document through the Contact Us form, or are you looking to let customer download an attachment from the contact us form?

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 8

Attach a document. In this instance word or pdf but it wouldn't matter to much if it allowed any document type.

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Thanks for the details @PeteC! I can definitely see how it'd be an useful feature indeed so I'll be sure to pass this over to our Product team. At the moment, I can see there's a workaround for downloading a document but not for attaching ones. I'll keep my eyes peeled and if I come across anything in the meantime, I'll be sure to update this thread. 

Tra
Message 4 of 8

I'm new.

I'm putting together my site and it includes a contact form. I would like prospective customers to be able to send me a photo to enable me to put a quote/estimate together. Is this possible? 

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hi @garybeer, thanks for the suggestion! I've merged your post into an existing feature request thread for this feature where it's being tracked for our Product Team.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Message 6 of 8

Thank you Tra,

Hopefully this feature can be added soon. I'm sure it would be a benefit to many other sites. 

In the meantime, is there any way a prospective customer can send files outside of the contact form?

Message 7 of 8
Admin

I'll be sure to update this thread when I hear from the team @garybeer. At the moment, the only way customer can send files is by emailing you directly. There is no workaround that I've seen I'm afraid. 

Tra
Message 8 of 8