x
Beta Member

Customising item and category pages

I understand that square doesn't currently allow the editing of certain pages on online editor but that doesn't really allow for individuality when creating a website.  It would be good if we could edit our own item pages to be more specific to the look and feel of the business rather than how square think it should look. Websites are supposed to represent the business but its really hard to do that right now when its so restricted. 

The shop pages can't be edited enough and so it feels like everyone that creates a store with square-up online ends up with the same looking websites. 

Just being able to add additional text sections would be great.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@tranguyen - This is something which would be beneficial to many, and I think it has been mentioned in the past? 

As mentioned by @frondere, the ability to edit the product and category pages by adding in more sections/blocks would help users to adapt the look and feel of their websites.

I would also suggest the addition of more themes, custom themes etc would also be a great feature! 

is this something that can be passed to the Product team to consider?

Craig
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 2 of 4
Admin

Hi there @frondere and @signature_home, just stepping in for Tra here. 

Thank you for this considerate post and the valuable feedback, 
I agree that it would be great if our sellers had more creative control and customisation tools with Square Online.  

I will definitely bring these suggestions back to our Product Managers. They put a lot of consideration in when developing new features and addressing limitations of current features, so your comments and posts are always welcome and appreciated! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Hey Alegra

I've actually moved to Weebly to design the site because it offers more flexibility and the option to use custom templates. I'll have to link my square to it but it seems silly that square, who own Weebly, just don't use the current Weebly set up instead of making their own builder.  

Message 4 of 4