x

DEVELOPER SUGGESTION - UK partial post code

hi, i have a couple of businesses i have been using Square on and firstly, congrats on making it very easy to get an online shop up and running, this has been invaluable to me.

Recently however on my latest takeaway business we have started doing delivery and we wanted to deliver to certain areas.  Now square allows you to put post codes in such as DT5 (to allow me to deliver to ALL of DT5)...this work perfectly......however...... the issue arises when we get to DT4 as an area.    DT4 is much bigger and i wish to only deliver to parts of it (in my case we wanted to deliver to DT4 7,  DT4 8 and DT4 9 areas.   so for example a house in DT4 7NB.     i tried to set this up using the postcode section but it does not allow PARTIAL postcodes, not even using wildcards meaning the only way i could choose to deliver to these individual areas i had to list EACH POSTCODE......thats almost 400.....

May i suggest to enhance our consumer experience using the postcode delivery section that you programme it to allow partial postcodes or the use of wildcards

for example  DT4 7## or   DT4 7**   so the system excepts deliveries to anyone typing in a postcode with dt4 7......   

this will seriously make a welcome impact and i cant really see it being much work for you guys as having to type up over 400 individual postcodes might actually finish me off.

many thanks!

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Thanks for surfacing your suggestion with an example of what you're trying to accomplish. I Moved your post to the Square Online Feature Request board so it's more visible to the Product Team. They scour these threads often to gather feedback from Seller to tailor improvements. 

@billyrockstar

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi BillyRockstar,

Did you ever get a solution to this problem?  We would like to do something similar, but just add a surcharge for deliveries to certain postcodes.  UPS have surcharges to a list of postcodes which I can't find a way of entering into the settings to make sure the customer in those remote areas get charged extra.  How did you set the first part of the postcode?  I don't even see that option.  I only get to choose the regions (England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland).  Cheers.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @JoeRG, thanks for your post! This is currently still a feature request and I don't have a timeline on when this will be available unfortunately.

The option to setup rates by postcode is actually only for setting up in-house delivery. If you're setting up shipping rates, then this can only be broken down by regions (England, Wales, etc.) and not postal codes I'm afraid. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4