x

@traRe: IanRe: Delivery date request on ordering

@tranguyen can you have a look at the attached. What is showing doesn't seem to make sense at all.

pixierose_0-1606130605452.png

Message 31 of 35

Re: IanRe: Delivery date request on ordering

I have another request for the scheduled delivery.  

at the moment the client can select the date and also the time.

can you please request that the shop owner has a choice to give a delivery time range or no time at all.

At the moment we could have 10 orders on the same day all asking for 10am delivery.  This is obviously impossible to do.  And so the time selection feature causes more problems than it solves.  

do I need to raise this somewhere else?  Or can you make this request?

Message 32 of 35
Admin

Hi @Lepap, I can definitely raise this feature request for you. In the meantime, you can try to setup order limiting to help with the issue. While it won't let you assign a date and time to a customer, you can limit the number of orders that can be picked up or delivered at the same time to avoid too many customers choosing the same slot. 

You can edit this by going to your website > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit location > Order timing settings. 

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 09.56.02.png

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 33 of 35

Can you confirm if the scheduled delivery feature we have been discussing is actually going to change?  Or are they just considering it?  We’ve now been talking about this since August, and it’s now nearly Christmas.  Is this normal?  

Message 34 of 35
Admin

Hi @Lepap, the scheduled delivery feature is going to change. It is currently in development and we are expected it early next year. I don't have a specific date or timeline to give since there may be unexpected delays. 

Feature requests can take time for our team to build and sometimes it can takes months. I hope I'll be able to share more with everyone soon. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 35 of 35