x

Delivery date request on ordering

At the moment when a client orders with scheduling delivery turned on, the website still gives a suggested delivery date 2 steps before checkout!  So most customers will see this as the delivery date of a product they may want on a specific day (a birthday cake for example)

this is causing me many issues as clients are not going as far as checkout assuming that they can’t get the cake the day they want.  

it needs to be that if scheduled delivery is turned on, that the website does not suggest a date, until the client selects when they want the product. 

Message 1 of 91
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Delivery date request on ordering

Hi everyone 👋!

I know this has been a much-sought after feature and I just want to share that the ability to schedule delivery is now available in cart. You can read more about it in our Product Update

Now, when customers are placing an order, they will be change from from ASAP to Later before going to checkout. 

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 12.35.22.png

If you are running into any issue, please let me know and I can look into it for you! 

2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone 👋!

I know this has been a much-sought after feature and I just want to share that the ability to schedule delivery is now available in cart. You can read more about it in our Product Update

Now, when customers are placing an order, they will be change from from ASAP to Later before going to checkout. 

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 12.35.22.png

If you are running into any issue, please let me know and I can look into it for you! 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 90 of 91
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I want to share a new Pickup & delivery settings that could come in handy. 

Now, within Pickup & delivery times, you'll be able to turn off the Automatically assign pickup/delivery times at checkout. When you turn this off, customers will not be able to see a pickup or delivery time (including ASAP) or be able to schedule orders at checkout. Instead, you can create a short message and instruction to let customers know what to expect. This will be shown during checkout and also included in order notification and confirmation emails.

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 16.28.27.png

I hope this will help!

Tra

View Best Answer >

Message 91 of 91
90 REPLIES 90
Admin

Thanks for reaching out @Lepap! From the latest update, we've recently made a change to how customer can schedule their pickup on the main ordering page and in the shopping cart rather than at checkout. The team are working to make this work for delivery as well, so I hope to have an update to share on this thread soon. 

Tra
Message 43 of 91

Hi @tranguyen. This is a helpful development although some of the forced other developments are not particularly helpful:

- When selecting "local delivery" it now says "Estimated Delivery Time: 1 minute to 1 hour". Whilst this is correct, it only applies when our shop is actually open which I have restricted through the delivery timing function. So if I go on the website on a Sunday eve it looks like I can get delivery in 1 minute to 1 hour, whereas actually you can't for 4 days. Is it possible to turn this comment off?

- When entering delivery address it brings up the delivery charges. To allow one of my subscription products to be charged inclusive of future deliveries I've had to set delivery over £99 as free but I don't want this displayed in general. Ideally you could set delivery charges at an item level - is this possible? If not then can you remove the auto display of this info?

Message 44 of 91

This system is so badly designed it’s unbelievable 

Message 45 of 91

Is there a way that this can be made more urgent?  This issue has now been going on for nearly 4 months.  We are having daily issues with customers for this and losing business every single day.  I have complained on every channel I can find, and I am constantly told that they are working on a fix.  It does not take 4 months to fix this. What else can be done here?  It’s costing me money

Message 46 of 91
Admin

Hi @Lepap, I'm chasing this up with the team at the moment to see if we have any timeframe for when the feature will be rolled out to delivery. I know that this is a much-needed feature and I'll be sure to update this thread when more information are available. 

Tra
Message 47 of 91
Admin

Hi @pixierose, thank you for your suggestions. From playing around on my end, it is not possible to turn either of those automatic comments off right now. I'm going to reach out to the team and see if there is any existing workaround and also passed your feedback to the Product team for consideration. 

Tra
Message 48 of 91

@tranguyen can you have a look at the attached. What is showing doesn't seem to make sense at all.

pixierose_0-1606130605452.png

Message 49 of 91

I have another request for the scheduled delivery.  

at the moment the client can select the date and also the time.

can you please request that the shop owner has a choice to give a delivery time range or no time at all.

At the moment we could have 10 orders on the same day all asking for 10am delivery.  This is obviously impossible to do.  And so the time selection feature causes more problems than it solves.  

do I need to raise this somewhere else?  Or can you make this request?

Message 50 of 91
Admin

Hi @Lepap, I can definitely raise this feature request for you. In the meantime, you can try to setup order limiting to help with the issue. While it won't let you assign a date and time to a customer, you can limit the number of orders that can be picked up or delivered at the same time to avoid too many customers choosing the same slot. 

You can edit this by going to your website > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit location > Order timing settings. 

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 09.56.02.png

Tra
Message 51 of 91

Can you confirm if the scheduled delivery feature we have been discussing is actually going to change?  Or are they just considering it?  We’ve now been talking about this since August, and it’s now nearly Christmas.  Is this normal?  

Message 52 of 91
Admin

Hi @Lepap, the scheduled delivery feature is going to change. It is currently in development and we are expected it early next year. I don't have a specific date or timeline to give since there may be unexpected delays. 

Feature requests can take time for our team to build and sometimes it can takes months. I hope I'll be able to share more with everyone soon. 

Tra
Message 53 of 91

Is there an update yet?  There must be some progress surely?

Message 54 of 91
Admin

Hi @Lepap, I've checked on this and there are still a few more tasks that need to be completed before the feature is rolled out. We're hoping to have it ready and working soon (within the first half of the year) but I don't have an exact timeline in case there is any push back or delays. I am conscious that this is a feature that's very much needed and I will circle back when there are more to share. 

Tra
Message 55 of 91

Just to confirm that we too have the same comments on the pickup and delivery slot selection being on the basket summary for pickup and not until check out for Delivery. Also the estimated lead time in red is confusing for customers. We lost business on the above and are considering a new platform as it is not happening your end.

Message 56 of 91

Hi all,

Any updates yet?

Thank you

Message 57 of 91
Admin

Hi @Aphora, thanks for checking up on this!

From my last check in with the team, they are hoping to have this feature rolled out in the first half of the year. It was tentatively scheduled for Q1 but it may happened later now as the team work to make sure the feature is fully functional and won't impact any other services. Aside from this, I don't have any further information to share right now but I'll be sure to update this thread once I have more information. 

Tra
Message 58 of 91

I have everything  on correctly in settings but this is what happens at checkout in the screen shots you click ‘change’ and it just shows the delivery address? 

E66E27CA-762A-4E0D-B613-15D8EA8DBF6A.jpeg

FA75BAB9-A2FF-43AF-9EE3-E96A47729D83.jpeg

Message 59 of 91
Admin

Hey @Danielleaubrey,

Looks like you might have cross-posted this on another thread as well - check here for a possible solution!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 60 of 91

When you're in your cart it say says delivery- tomorrow and then a time and change but this means absolutely nothing. It's very misleading to customer and i get to many messages saying they can't schedule a delivery time. can this be taken off?

Message 61 of 91
Admin

Hi @LittleDragon, thanks for reaching out! By default, the delivery time will be set to As Soon As Possible. When the customer goes to the checkout flow, they will be able to change the delivery date and schedule it for later. 

ink (88).png

At the moment, the ability to schedule delivery or pickup date in the cart is not yet available. It's a popular feature request and I know our team are working to add this but I do not have a concrete date or timeline to share as to when this will be available. I'll be sure to update this thread when I know more. 

Tra
Message 62 of 91

It's very poor as it doesn't even allow you to change the date and i'm forever explaining to customers how to schedule a time. Another good idea would be to put the order in sequence.

eg

Margherita Pizza

Hand and mushroom Pizza

Desserts

Lemon Cheese Cake

Chocolate cheese cake

Drinks

Coke

Lemonade

Dips

Garlic and herb

This would be much easier for chefs/staff to complete order in that fasion istean of having it all jumbled up.

Thanks for your help

Message 63 of 91