x

Feature Request - Change Email Subject for Online Store Automated Emails

Hello,

I can't see where I would be able to change the subject of automated emails for the online store. E.g. the Review Request email subject?

Is this possible?

Message 1 of 23
Report Inappropriate Content
22 REPLIES 22
Admin

Hey @danscape,

I don't think these email subjects are editable at all - if it were an intentional decision I'd assume it would be to keep the subjects clear and consistent across the board, though it's also possible it's just a feature that hasn't been implemented.

We'll use this thread as a way of tracking feedback via Seller Community moving forward - I can see why as a seller it would be handy to tweak email subjects to reflect the voice of your business!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 23

I came to ask the same thing - I would like to be able to ask for reviews and send abandoned cart emails etc in my brand tone of voice.

I would love to implement abandoned cart - but don’t feel able to as “it looks like you’ve forgotten something” feels too pushy and abrasive for our brand.

Message 3 of 23
Super Seller

I agree. We need to be able to edit the subject line of automated emails sent from Invoices. Currently, the subject line whenever an invoice is paid is, " You paid an invoice! ". This is not our brand at all, and it prevents us from using Square as intended. We therefore have to share invoices manually which we'd rather not do as automated would be easier. It's also only a partial workaround because whenever an invoice is paid the email is sent regardless of the settings. And we can't use Subscriptions at all because you can't turn automated notifications off here either.

It's essential that we control the terminology in the subject line. 

Thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 4 of 23
Admin

Thanks for letting us know @amjessey! I don't have a definite timeline to share just yet but I'll be sure to update this thread when I have more information. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 23
Super Seller

Hi @tranguyen 

Thank you.

If anything, please just remove the exclamation mark (!) from the subject line in every email notification. For a lot of companies and their customers in the UK market, this is a big turn off. 

Alex Jessey
Message 6 of 23
Super Seller

Hi @tranguyen 

Could you please ask your product team to remove the exclamation mark from the email subject lines? We don't want any subject line to include this punctuation.

If this is a change that needs to be applied to just to our account in order to make it happen quickly then that's good with us, of course.

Greater control of the correspondence of these system generated emails is now urgent for us as our clients have begun commenting on the tone of these emails jarring with their overall experience of our customer service. 

Thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 7 of 23
Super Seller

Hi @Seamus 

Just because a feature request post doesn't have tons of other users publicably voting for it doesn't mean it isn't a good idea!

It seems that all posts only garner a handful of votes if any, which indicates other users are busy running their businesses rather than reviewing feature requests!

Where is the feedback from your developers for the ones who do take the time to suggest new features?

Thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 8 of 23

This is still a real bugbear here too. I am really surprised they aren’t editable. Brands need to be able to communicate authentically with their customers and email subject lines are such an important part of this. It just feels like a basic hygiene factor.

Message 9 of 23
Beta Member

Just jumping in here to see if any updates have been made? It would be ideal to have the option to edit subject lines so I can continue using Square for my brand.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 23
Super Seller

Message 11 of 23
Super Seller

Hi @nika 

The link above, in my 09-17-2021 03:59 PM post, highlights further branding issues. The linked post shows a screenshot of the sign-up page presented to clients "Get the latest and greatest sent...". This is nowhere near our brand values and we need to have control over it. 

Thanks 

Alex Jessey
Message 12 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hey @amjessey, just stepping in for Bea here. Thanks for continuously providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our products. We'll take your feedback on board to help our customers better able to customize their brand using our products. 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Message 13 of 23
Admin

Ahhh yes. I see what you mean @amjessey . Appreciate you pointing this out. I shared this with @skhan to keep the branding chat going. This is a great point. Thank you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 14 of 23

FIX IT JESUS

Message 15 of 23
Super Seller

Hi @tranguyen 

What's Square's plan regarding this one?

Thank you.

@SaraWylder @Elliegrant @littlebluefern

Alex Jessey
Message 16 of 23
Admin

Thanks for the tag @amjessey. This feature request is on our team's radar but I don't have any further update to share at the moment, or a timeline as to when the feature will be available. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 17 of 23

Any fix for this yet? This has been driving us and our customers crazy, and we're going to switch invoicing platforms as a result.

Message 18 of 23

I'm thinking of switching as well. My automated emails say, Your download is ready! which is not even what people are purchasing!! 

Message 19 of 23
Admin

Hi @lmcwriter - thanks for your post. 

Can you let me know what email this is specifically? Order notifications should say something along the lines of Thank you for your purchase!

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 20 of 23

I'm having exactly the same issue. I just want it to say 'Thank you for your purchase from xxx' or 'Confirmation of purchase from xxx' 

Message 21 of 23