x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Delivery Address at Checkout & Creating a Customer Account

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Delivery Address & Creating a Customer Account

Hi, I'm new to square & using the online retail platform.  I offer delivery and noticed that it asks for your address before adding an item to the cart - is there a way for this to be asked at checkout stage instead?

Also, is there a way for customer to create an account that they register details and log into on future orders?

Thanks

Katrina

Message 1 of 17
Report Inappropriate Content
16 REPLIES 16
Admin

Hi @Thymetofill, thanks for your post! You can switch your website template from Order Online to Shop All; this way, customers won't be ask for their address until they are adding the items to cart. To switch your template, you can follow the steps outlined here

The feature for customers to create their own account isn't available with Square Online site at the moment. However, customers will see the option to save their information at checkout. This will allow them to save and reuse their billing information during checkout on the site. You can read more about this feature and how customers can use it in our Support Centre

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 17
Super Seller

Is it possible for customers to create an "Account" to be able to view their past orders - or their order progress. 

I want them to be able to:

• Update contact information
  • Subscribe / Unsubscribe to marketing lists
  • View and Track Current & Past Orders
  • Send us a Direct Message
  • Review past orders
  • Add items to a "wish list" (which I can see on the item page as to how many wish lists each item has been added to) 
  • Like the above but the ability to save a basket to my account? 

This would be the perfect addition to complete our website. Its nice that we have a "customer" area where we can see their details - but there is nowhere for our customers to go in and change details or view their orders etc. 

Craig
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 3 of 17
Admin

Hi @signature_home, thanks for these great suggestions!

I've merged your post into an existing feature request thread for this feature where it's being tracked for our Product Team.

While the ability to create a customer account is not available, customers will see the option to save their payment information at checkout and will be able to use this for future transactions. You can read more about this feature in our Support Centre.

Tra
Message 4 of 17

Hi How do I set up my website so that my customers can open an account with me so that ongoing sales would not require my customers to enter all their details every time they want to shop? Many thanks
Message 5 of 17
Admin

Hey @Mandygarden, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I've merged your post into an existing feature request thread for this feature where it's being tracked for our Product Team.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

While it isn't possible to create a full account, customers should have the option to save their payment information at checkout. If they opt into this, they will be able to use their payment details for future transactions without needing to re-enter everything. You can read more about this feature in our Support Centre.

Tra
Message 6 of 17
Super Seller

@tranguyen - Another one I wanted to follow up on - is there a timeline or indicative idea of when this might make its way to Beta ? 

Craig
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 7 of 17
Admin

Hey @signature_home, I don't have any concrete timeline for the roll out of this particular feature just yet. It's on our team's radar but there are other features that are being prioritised for development above it. 

Tra
Message 8 of 17
Beta Member

This is definitely what I need. I switched over to Square from Squarespace and didn't realize it didn't offer this feature. Super disappointing. 

Message 9 of 17
Beta Member

I'd like to know more about this too - I have a wix account but am thinking of switch to square so it intergrates properly with my reader so I can track purchases instore properly....but having no customer account facility is stopping me from migrating. be great to have this feature as it's quite standard I think! 

Message 10 of 17
Admin

Hey @frondere, welcome to the Seller Community!

Our Product Manager confirmed we're currently working on this feature

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Message 11 of 17
Beta Member

Thank you x

Message 12 of 17
Beta Member

I've just finished building our new trade website behind a password and bought an annual subscription. It's only now that we've gone live that I've found out that customers can't create their own account, review previous orders, etc. I thought that would be standard as it is elsewhere on even the most basic of sites. This simply won't work for retail customers, never mind trade ones. A year has passed now, so please can you give a 'more concrete' idea of timeline to introduce this? After having spent weeks building the products and pages, I'm now going to have to start again with another provider. Very frustrating.

Message 13 of 17
Beta Member

Also, I think you should make it clear on the list of features when someone is considering buying this product that customer accounts are not available. It's a key feature required on most e-commerce sites, and I feel it's a bit disingenuous to not mention that.

Message 14 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Alnwickist, welcome to the Community. Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear you've had to switch to another provider because of this. I understand you have to make the best decisions for your business. 

As Tra mentioned in the comment above, our Product Manager has confirmed that our team is working to make this feature available. Although we don't have a concrete date yet, we hope to have it soon. 

In the meantime, check out this article that gives an overview of Feature Requests and the Square Community. 

Let me know if you need anything else.

Message 15 of 17
Beta Member

Thanks Skyler. Sorry - I had my grumpy knickers on. I've loved using Square for my shop for years, and really wanted this to work for my website too. xA

Message 16 of 17
Square Community Moderator

No worries at all @Alnwickist! Totally get where the frustration came from. 😊 

Even though you're with a new provider now, do keep an eye out on the Seller Community as we'll be sure to announce any changes to this feature here. We'd be happy to have you back if you change your mind!

Message 17 of 17