x
Beta Member

Feature Request - preset variable monthly subscription amounts

Please note this is a feature request, do not merge this with my other Question in how to.

I would like the feature to create a recurring variable subscription, please.

As an example, I would like to be able to set the first payment to be £250, then the rest £30.

This is so a customer can order a valuable product and then have the product automatically sent again every 6 months (with a discount for having a subscription) which is guaranteed income for me. 

There is no option at the moment to do this now. This is silly. It’s easy to display a “you will pay £X today and will be charged £Y each month thereafter”.

If it’s possible to offer free trial subscription months, it’s possible to offer paying more in the first month.

Offering Klarna on the first month’s subscription if it’s substantially more than normal months might be useful feature as well.

Obviously offering Klarna on each months subscription would be madness and create a spiralling debt, but just offering it on the first month could help smooth a subscription with a larger first month pricing 

Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Hi @seller009 great idea, certainly worth putting forward. Pop over to the ideate page cut and ad tge feature request it in there. I believe the product managers look at this when setting their development roadmap.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Hi, I’ve found what you’re speaking about under menu > Topics > Ideate. But how on earth do I post on there? There’s no new thread button? Honestly this service drives me to despair. Why on earth would they ask people to post somewhere with no actual way of doing it

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

Hi @seller009 I noticed that also the other day. Not sure where its gone to. Try signing in via the US side, that's still active I believe.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

If I go to the US version, 

Menu > Ideate > Feature Request

Instructions:

• 1. Select a product for your feature request.
  • 2. Select the “Submit a Request” button.
  • 3. In the subject field, add a title that summarizes the request. (Ex: Local Delivery for Retail Checkout)
  • 4. In the large field provided, describe your request.

I select Square Subscriptions 

this pops up again:

Step 3

Did you find your feature request?

NO - Submit a new request.

Same problem as under UK, no button to create a new request.

Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

Try this link, submit your idea here

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/SquareSubscriptions 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

You’re the real MVP. Imagine having to get support to even post a suggestion! 🤣. If they didn’t have that funding from the guy who used to run Twitter they would be doomed.

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

@seller009 glad to help out. Nothing more frustrating trying to do something and struggling to find out where to go. 

The community has some great support people. 

Good luck with the feature request

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 8 of 8