x
Super Seller

Is there a way to temporarily close the Square Online shop?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: shop closed

Hiya,

Is there a way to temporarily close the online shop in an easy and quick way? We use some other selling platforms where we can take all the active stock and make in unavailable between a fix set of dates such as when we are closed for a couple of weeks holiday. We have tried using a site wide notice saying we are closed but this doesn't really work, if they can buy, they keep on placing the orders.

Many thanks! 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Unless I misunderstand your question, go to Shop/Settings/Checkout and toggle "Accept online orders" to off

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Best Answer

Unless I misunderstand your question, go to Shop/Settings/Checkout and toggle "Accept online orders" to off

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@petersmith wrote:

Yup totally agree with @petersmith 

I use this if I sell out (pizza dough) before I officially close. People can browse the store still but can't add anything to their cart. 

I'd combine it with the banner to explain too - as we all know customers ๐Ÿ˜‚

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 4

I also put an announcement on Via a pop upexplaining when Iโ€™ll be back. I also use this when just on holiday and there may be delays in postage times.

Message 4 of 4