x
Beta Member

More editable freedom of our sites

@JessRog The square up site template is good to a point. It allows for the drag and drop functionality like we had on weebly, but nothing seems to of happened in terms of its development for a while now. There are no additional template themes, not additional elements added to the drag and drop options and the editable layout is still very restrictive. It would be good if we were allowed to do more detailed tweaks to our sites, for instance Iโ€™m an Illustrator and like to be able to have a portfolio of work as well as my shop on the site. It would be great to be able to layout images in a sizes grid to fit the images I have instead of the block, carousel or grid view that were allowed to choose from. Being able to extend the height of photos in a gallery so they are more fitting to the size of images would mean that Iโ€™m not cutting off part of an image each time I upload them. Also the ability to add videos or gifs in a gallery would be useful too. Are there plans to look at increasing the amount of editable functions customers are allowed to have over their own sites?

Message 1 of 11
Report Inappropriate Content
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hi @ollieillo, Tra here just stepping in for Jess. Thank you for sharing this. I can definitely see how having greater customisation and edibility on the Square Online site would be ideal. We are constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I'll be sure to pass these requests to our Product team. 

When I have more information or an update, I'll be sure to follow up on this thread as well. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

@tranguyen thats great thanks, is this something that can happen in the near future? 

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Hi @ollieillo, the time it takes for feature requests to be implemented can vary so it's hard for me to say for sure when this will be happen. I hope to have an update soon but I'll be sure to keep you in the loop if there are more information to share.

Tra
Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

Hey @tranguyen i just wanted to see if there was any news on the editable functionality? 

cheers 

Ollie 

Message 5 of 11
Admin

Hey @ollieillo, thanks for checking back in! We've made some updates to the site editor recently but I don't have any further update on the templates and additional designs right now. Our team are always working to roll out more features so I hope I'll be able to share more soon. 

Tra
Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

Hi @tranguyen @thanks for the update,  can the suggestions I put in the original message here be shared with the team so they know there is interest in having more editable elements to our sites?

Also on a similar note I donโ€™t know the likelihood of something like it but I wanted to share the idea - would the team be able to implement or use something like Elementor https://elementor.com to make more editable functions? I noticed the side bar is pretty similar and thought this might be something that can be adapted to fit square? 

thanks

Ollie

Message 7 of 11
Admin

Absolutely @ollieillo! I'm keeping my eyes out for updates to the site editor as well, so if I come across anything I'll continue to share on this thread.

It might not be feasible to implement a system like Elementor or something similar to the site editor, but it's something worth surfacing to the team still as we never know!

Tra
Message 8 of 11
Beta Member

Thanks @tranguyen much appreciated.

Hope to hear some good news soon.

Cheers

Ollie

Message 9 of 11

It seems Themes are just of no interest to Square. What are they working on?

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Mark24, thanks for raising your concern here. We will share your feedback with our Product team and we will update this thread if there is any update on customisation of theme in Site editor. 

Emma
Message 11 of 11