x

More prominent basket choices

Hello dev team!

On all Square online templates the basket is quite a small icon, with no other navigable way to reach it without clicking it. 

I've had lots of feedback that when a customer adds an item to a basket, a (very brief) view basket button appears, but once this collapses the only way to checkout and view basket is clicking the small icon in the nav bar.

I think this is very easily missed, and on some browsers or devices may even be hidden or lost in other formatting scaling, and I've noticed abandoned cart reports being quite high and think this is a big reason behind it. 

I'd really like options to make this more accessible. A hard link in Nav bar we can toggle on or off that literally says BASKET, an option to toggle the "view basket" link so it stays on screen longer, and a BUY NOW button on items that goes direct to checkout page (like how Amazon have a buy now or add to basket option0
Think this will benefit us all! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @richardmoonstre, welcome to the Seller Community ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Thank you for this request - we'd be happy to pass your feedback on to our product teams. 

I understand that customers that are not familiar with online shopping may not be accustomed to looking out for certain features such as the cart icon and having a more customisable tool here would be useful. 

It may not work for your site but you could consider adding a pop-up or banner to your site letting customers know what to do. 

If we do have any updates on this topic in future, we'll let you know here! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content