x

Multibuy Automatic Discount for Online Shop

Hi there

We have this scenario...

We wish to sell an item for £3.50 each - but we want to encourage people to buy boxes of 6 online.  By doing this we wish to offer a discount to get the item for £3 each. So they will get a box of 6 for £18 and not £21.

We'd like 2 options:

1.  Where every item above 6 (for a specific item or category and not all items) is discounted by 50p.

2.  Any multiple of 6 is discounted.  So the 1st box of 6 is £18 - then each individual item is an additional £3.50 until the purchase reaches 12 individual items.

Is this feature likely to become available?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @aled_yma, thanks for raising this! At the moment, we don't have quantity-based discount with Online Store. You can only set discount coupons so it will either applied to a specific item or if the order is over a certain amount.

A workaround would be to make separate bundle items e.g. "pack of 3" with the discounted price.

I'll make sure to pass it over to our Product team. Let me know if the workaround helps. 

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 2 of 4

I would like to be able to offer multi buy discounts online too. The problem with the workaround mentioned is that the items quantities would need to be updated manually: i.e. if a t-shirt cost £5 (quantity available 20) and a set of 3 cost £12, someone selecting a set of 3 would leave the quantity at 20, but the actual quantity would be 17.

Please can this be added as an option, as per other online sites.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks, @MatthewCailes for your post. I understand that updating inventory manually is not ideal. I'll share your feedback with our Product team. 

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 4 of 4