x
Beta Member

Online ordering: Quick Disconnect

Hey Square

it would be really great to have a quick disconnect button in the square app - at the moment the restaurants Pro system doesn’t link Item availability from the restaurants app through to the website. At the moment bartenders still have to radio through or come and find me to out of stock an item.

It would also be nice to be able to have checkout switch in the square app - we often fluctuate our closing times depending on demand and last orders can take 5 minutes of logging in and switching off the various online sites we run for inside/outside/nightclub.

possible? 

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Millbar, I hope you're keeping well! I just want to follow up on this thread to let you know that we have rolled out a feature recently that let you update an item's availability for online sales directly from your Square for Restaurants app. You can learn more about it here

If you run into any issue, please let me know and I can have a further look into it on my end!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @Millbar, thank you for sharing these suggestions!

Before passing them to the appropriate team, I just want to make sure I understand these correctly, in particular the first feature request.

At the moment, if an item inventory is set back to 0 within the Square for Restaurant app, it should also appear as "Sold Out" on the Square Online site. Is the item being set to "Sold Out" using a different feature? If you can give me a bit more information, that'd be much appreciated! 

Tra
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Hey!

you’ve got it, so the reason we upgraded to pro, was I saw this feature and it would save me so much time.

At the moment workflow is:

go to POS and mark product unavailable for waitresses, then log into square app on phone, find the product, re count inventory and set to zero for online.

if we could have it so that the two systems spoke to each other, we could set availability on POS, which would then update the online figures as I can’t think of a situation where you’d want 2 different stock levels? 

also, adding an OFF button for online in easy to reach place on POS, or even the square app, would make calling last orders so much easier.

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Thank you for the additional context @Millbar! I'll be sure to pass all the information above to the appropriate teams so they can look into this further. 

Tra
Message 4 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Millbar, I hope you're keeping well! I just want to follow up on this thread to let you know that we have rolled out a feature recently that let you update an item's availability for online sales directly from your Square for Restaurants app. You can learn more about it here

If you run into any issue, please let me know and I can have a further look into it on my end!

Tra
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Thanks for the update @tranguyen!

just some feedback, there’s an annoying bug (or feature) that for some reason means you can’t update an item availability if it’s out of stock from the dashboard and you get a message to say go to the dashboard to change availability (not ideal).

scenario:

on restaurants POS, item is greyed out, you click and hold to update availability and it pops up with a prompt to amend on the dashboard.haven’t tried online availability yet however I’m assuming this change has something to do with this bug as it never used to happen 😬

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @Millbar, thanks for sharing this! This is actually a feature request at the moment: if you're tracking inventory for an item and it sold out, you'll need to update stock count from Dashboard or the Square Point of Sale app rather than from the Restaurant Point of Sale at the moment.

Our team are aware of the request for this to change. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team as well!

Tra
Message 7 of 7