x
Beta Member

'Order Limiting' split between Pick up & Delivery

'Order Limiting' split between Pick up & Delivery

For example, my restaurant is selling pizza through square online as Pick up in store, using pre selected times, this is proving popular and we have selected '3 orders per 15 mins'. 

Here's the problem..

We want to open up delivery. But as a start up business we're having one driver to start with to see how we get on. So you can imagine if the same number of orders still came through (even after the website calculates the delivery time) there's no way the driver can keep up with demand.  But at the same time, if I lower the order limiting, we loose lots of sales.

So can we choose separate order limiting for pick up and delivery so we can manage them better.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @Ettore, thank you for your post!

At the moment, it isn't possible to split the order limiting for pick-up and delivery. I can definitely see how it'd be an useful feature to have so I'll be sure to flag this with our Product team for consideration for future releases.

A workaround I think of is to limit the delivery hours. You can set this so that maybe there's only one hour overlap between pickup and delivery, which may help with reducing the number of orders that come through. The hours can be change your Online site > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit Location > Edit Hours.

Screenshot 2020-12-21 at 12.45.42.png

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 5

I second that this feature would very valuable for our business too. Until this becomes possible we will have to use a separate reservation platform for delivery and not run these charges through Square. 

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thanks for letting us know @mikemanougian

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Hopefully this is something they bring out soon, there must be other people with the same problem, especially with a lot more businesses converting to takeaway in these times. I am still trying to get my head around another option.

I'm wondering If I create another an identical site through square (using a square domain name) linked to the same kitchen POS, which is linked from the original site via a 'Order for delivery' button then adjust the Order limiting on both sites.

Would this be possible?

Yes it would mean that I've got orders coming in from 2 destinations, but that might be easier to manage then when dealing with deliveries and collections. 

Message 5 of 5