x
Super Seller

Set an actual date for pickup rather than a time frame

Hi everyone, I'm doing a limited edition private product, therefore all orders will be fulfilled at the same time, however, all the customers for this product will be local, because of this I need the collection date to be a specific date, rather than a time frame, the date will be the end of February but is there anyway to set a custom date? therefore all my customers can collect at the same time and I can produce all the prints in one lab order as this helps me to keep prices low for my customers.

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @MJD, thanks for your post! At the moment, it isn't possible to set a specific collection date for an item.

A way to do this would be to set the prep time to a month or so, and make the pickup As Soon As Possible only (no scheduled pickup). That way when customer goes to purchase, they will automatically be assigned a pickup time based on prep-time calculation. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MJD, I just want to share a new Pickup & delivery settings that may help with what you're looking to setup here. 

1. Head to your Square Online overview page > Fulfilment > Pickup & Delivery
  2. Select the Edit link to the right of the location you want to edit, then scroll to Order timing settings
  3. You'll see a new section here: Pickup & delivery times

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 16.28.27.png

When you turn this off, customers will not be able to see a pickup or delivery time (includingASAP) or be able to schedule orders at checkout. Instead, you can create a short message and instruction to let customers know what to expect. This will be shown during checkout and also included in order notification and confirmation emails.

I hope this will help!

Tra

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @MJD, thanks for your post! At the moment, it isn't possible to set a specific collection date for an item.

A way to do this would be to set the prep time to a month or so, and make the pickup As Soon As Possible only (no scheduled pickup). That way when customer goes to purchase, they will automatically be assigned a pickup time based on prep-time calculation. 

Tra
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Thanks for that, I will try and hopefully this will work better, hoping most will select delivery anyway

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MJD, I just want to share a new Pickup & delivery settings that may help with what you're looking to setup here. 

1. Head to your Square Online overview page > Fulfilment > Pickup & Delivery
  2. Select the Edit link to the right of the location you want to edit, then scroll to Order timing settings
  3. You'll see a new section here: Pickup & delivery times

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 16.28.27.png

When you turn this off, customers will not be able to see a pickup or delivery time (includingASAP) or be able to schedule orders at checkout. Instead, you can create a short message and instruction to let customers know what to expect. This will be shown during checkout and also included in order notification and confirmation emails.

I hope this will help!

Tra
Message 4 of 4