x
Beta Member

Shipping Label - Integrate with Royal Mail Click and Drop

Royal Mail supports integration with various online stores and marketplaces

Integration with Square would be great so that shipping labels could be automatically created, and postage paid

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/click-how-to-guide.pdf

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11716/~/click-%26-drop---connect-your-ch...

Regards

Jools

Message 1 of 191
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Shipping Label - Integrate with Royal Mail Click and Drop

Hello everyone, this is Alex from the Square Online product team. We know how frustrating it is to have been told that a Royal Mail Click & Drop integration is on the roadmap for two years, and we're sorry that we haven't yet been able to launch this for you. Behind the scenes, we're in the process of making some fundamental changes to our shipping product, so we decided to build all shipping carrier integrations (not just Royal Mail) in a way that aligns with our long term strategy. This will take us time to fully execute. We also understand that you have to make decisions about how to operate your business, and that an expectation of a Royal Mail integration has been a key factor in choosing to continue using Square. Unfortunately, we don't have a concrete update that we can share with you on our plans or timeline for this today, but we'll be sure to post in this thread when our beta is ready for you. 

190 REPLIES 190

Ahhhhh righty i see Phillip i was getting confused with “squarespace” and “square” thanks a lot for confirming that! Hopefully we get the news we have been waiting for soon! 

Message 22 of 191
Super Seller

The Square team are pretty clued up. They will work on it if they feel there is a user requirement, the forum is a good means to gain momentum for such things like this 🤞

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 23 of 191

Direct Royal Mail integration would be so helpful. Fingers crossed this can be activated ASAP!

Message 24 of 191
Beta Member

Royal mail is a must! it would speed up the process.

Thank you to whoever started the thread 🙂

Message 25 of 191
Beta Member

Hi

When will Royal mail Click & Drop integration be available for Square / Weebly? this is a show stopper for us

our other option is to leave Square for another provider and platform to host our ecommerce platforms

Please please reply

Thanks

tariq

Message 26 of 191
Admin

Hi @justtariq, thank you for your post! It looks like there were some duplication so I've merged your post into an existing feature request thread for Royal Mail where it's being tracked for our Partnership team. 

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 27 of 191
Beta Member

Thanks Tra. So you are aware, this is not just a nice to have, it is a very valuable integration in terms of what it offers your existing customer base / users including us - for UK based online sellers & traders - this i am also very sure is a deciding factor when Square is being weighed up as potential payment services provider with Weebly

1. It is simple to use

2. Provides all the shipping options any online seller needs (domestic, Europe, Rest of the world)

3. Royal Mail click & drop prices are also very very reasonable 

4. There is also no "middle man" taking a % for basically doing nothing

5. Royal mail is a trusted service provider

Is there an actual RFE for this that is being seriously considered / looked at or is it just on a list?

It would be good to hear from the engineering team on why it is not available just yet,

- what they are they waiting for,

- what are the blockers,

- what they are waiting for 

- what it will take 

Lets get this one over the line

Cheers

Tariq

p.s  I would be happy to host a session to show them around our Click & Drop account we have setup with our main ecommerce website so they can see the value

Message 28 of 191
Super Seller

I would have to agree 100% with what Taroq has said on this. These are simple wins, that are essential, core functionality that should fall at most under the monthly plan. Utilising the Click and Drop platform takes Square half way there. Royal mail is a cost effective service available to all parts of the UK. OK Square looks like you are getting some momentum here to introduce. Can we see some traction and commitment from the Square side 🙂 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 29 of 191
Beta Member

Hi

When will Royal mail Click & Drop integration be available for Square / Weebly? this is a show stopper for us

our other option is to leave Square for another provider and platform to host our ecommerce platforms

Please please reply

Thanks

Tariq

Message 30 of 191
Beta Member

Hi

Please please reply

Thanks

tariq

Message 31 of 191
Beta Member

Just putting another note in for this to happen pretty please! 

Message 32 of 191
Admin

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions @justtariq, @phillipsrw and @Anicreatesncuts. We're a working with a partner to introduce a Royal Mail integration to Square. We are fully aware of the demand for this but even the best feature requests take time for our team to build, and we take a lot of thing into consideration when developing new features and addressing limitation of current features. You can read more about what happened when we receive feature requests in the Seller Community here.

For this feature in particular, I have reached out to our Partnership team for some further clarification. When I have more information from the team, I'll be sure to share it here with everyone. 

Tra
Message 33 of 191

Please can you integrate with Royal Mail Click and Drop. This is essential for uk businesses.

Stupidly I didn’t think to check this before creating my website with square because I knew that Royal Mail has integration with so many websites and just assumed square up/weebly would be one of them. I’m so disappointed. 

Anything you can do about this would be beneficial for all uk customers.

thanks 

Message 34 of 191
Admin

Hi @JandN, thank you for letting us know! This is something our team are working on right now. I don't have any concrete update right now but I'm in touch with the team regarding this feature. Once I have more information as to when this will be available and how it'll work, I'll be sure to share it on this thread here.

Apology for all the inconvenience caused by this!

Tra
Message 35 of 191

Any update on Royal Mail Click & Drop integration with Square / Weebly? its unbelievable a tech company whose business is ONLINE is not able to integrate the api which is available from Royal mail

This is a show stopper for us now as the platform is not on par with similar service providers who provide payment, hosting & integration with popular UK shipping service providers including Royal Mail

Shame really

Message 36 of 191
Admin

Hi @tariqc, thank you for checking up on this. I've merged your post into an existing feature request thread for this feature where it's being tracked for our Product Team.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Message 37 of 191
Beta Member

I just wanted to add another voice to the plea for integration with Royal Mail Click and Drop.

Message 38 of 191
Super Seller

I too would echo the demand for this - to give you some perspective - these are the current partners linked with Click & Drop. This for us would make our business run much more smoothly and take away lots of extra admin we don't need. Your competitors are already there - so for UK sellers this is a big deciding factor on who we continue to use for our e-commerce for an essential integration for a Online seller. 

Royal MailRoyal Mail

Craig
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 39 of 191
Super Seller

I agree totally on the comments here. To be honest fulfilment of orders using Square Online is pretty challenging...putting it politely. I don’t fancy another festive season like last year, order work flow was challenging and lack of integration with Royal Mail was extremely painful particularly if you have a reasonable order volume. We use other platforms that integrates with Royal Mail. What takes us an hour on other platforms takes 5 hours on Square, cutting pasting emails, addresses, order number etc (time wasted and prone to errors), then dispatching and cutting and pasting tracking...ouch....it’s really does need to be fixed, as it stands it’s a poor system in this hi-tech age of system integrations...finger crossed it can be sorted, your competitors are out shinning you here folks.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 40 of 191

Totally couldn’t agree with you more Phillip. I feel as though we are fighting a loosing battle, considering taking my online store else where because i feel as though.. (even low we get responses on the threads) nothing really happens and it feels like false hope. We desperately need royal mail integration!!

Message 41 of 191
Admin

Hi @phillipsrw and @ARMelts, thank you for taking the time to share this. I know this has been a big frustration and I appreciate you sticking with us.

We're currently looking at working with multiple partners to enable us to connect to Royal Mail. While the team were hoping to roll this out early this year, it looks like there might be some additional steps and processes we need to do before we can be sure that the two systems work together, and that it wouldn't create any issue for the existing system. As such, there's a delayed in when the feature will be rolled out. It's definitely not ideal but I hope I will be able to share an update soon. 

Tra
Message 42 of 191