x
Beta Member

Shipping Label - Integrate with Royal Mail Click and Drop

Royal Mail supports integration with various online stores and marketplaces

Integration with Square would be great so that shipping labels could be automatically created, and postage paid

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/click-how-to-guide.pdf

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11716/~/click-%26-drop---connect-your-ch...

Regards

Jools

Message 1 of 191
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Shipping Label - Integrate with Royal Mail Click and Drop

Hello everyone, this is Alex from the Square Online product team. We know how frustrating it is to have been told that a Royal Mail Click & Drop integration is on the roadmap for two years, and we're sorry that we haven't yet been able to launch this for you. Behind the scenes, we're in the process of making some fundamental changes to our shipping product, so we decided to build all shipping carrier integrations (not just Royal Mail) in a way that aligns with our long term strategy. This will take us time to fully execute. We also understand that you have to make decisions about how to operate your business, and that an expectation of a Royal Mail integration has been a key factor in choosing to continue using Square. Unfortunately, we don't have a concrete update that we can share with you on our plans or timeline for this today, but we'll be sure to post in this thread when our beta is ready for you. 

190 REPLIES 190

Just seen this reply. Thanks a lot for looking into this for us. Hopefully its enrolled soon.

Message 43 of 191
Beta Member

USE PARCEL2GO.COM IT HAS ALL THE CARRIERS!!!! JUST NEEDS SQUARE TO SORT IT!

Message 44 of 191
Beta Member

Notice something STILL missing

tonydow_0-1675518095616.jpeg

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 45 of 191
Super Seller

I know 😭, I had my annual business review with our Royal Mail Account Manager last week, mentioned the integration. She's forwarded the request again to RM IT team but we seem to be caught in between RM and Square and it doesn't seem to go anywhere. To be honest I'm not sure whether both parties need to talk or if one or other only needs to pick this up and run with it. But yes, alas no movement on this that I'm aware of.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 46 of 191
Beta Member

It really is up to Square as Royal Mail cannot integrate anything with another site if they are not interested!

Square really don't seem to care and the pretence that they take user suggestions seriously is a joke.

The simple answer is if square meets your needs then its great but if something is missing don't expect it any time soon!

This is just one example of a highly requested and key feature for UK users that after years is still not implemented.

Message 47 of 191
Super Seller

I have put a feature request in on the ideate section,  festure request. If all those interested head over and give it some support you just never know! 💯 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 48 of 191
Beta Member

can you tell us in detail on the stages and where we are at?

Message 49 of 191
Super Seller

Its very frustrating and a shame the system make fulfilment a little challenging. Its a core part of any online store. Royal Mail has an API and we sell on a different platform and they managed to setup in a couple of weeks so I think technically the elements are there just Square needs to add to thier growing list of projects. There are a few simple elements that could be implemented quickly but alas I reluctantly agree l may have to look else where for an alternative online platform this summer. Couldn't cope with another festive season without the fulfilment side in place, it just takes too much time as it stands currently.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 50 of 191

Totally agree Phillip. You have to do whats right for your business and its such a shame because we have invested and created a functional platform on square but i am in the same boat. I spend hours going between square and Click and Drop and you are correct, as important as it is email addresses and contact numbers do get missed out. Im at the stage where if something doesn’t happen quickly then id rather invest and spend time creating a new website on a different platform. As sad as it may seem i am kicking myself for not building a website on one of the platforms that do have integration. Did yous guys get the email notification the other day about new “features” I genuinely dont see any progress with this thread. This really has to he taken seriously because there is so much voices yelling out for integration!! There is so much more to offer on different platforms besides integration ive noticed too. Square if you want to get above the competition you have to move fast, be creative and also sometimes join them on new features. I will give it some more time but im not going to wait much longer. 

Message 51 of 191
Beta Member

I agree Royal Mail Integration is key in the UK.

Unfortunately development of this platform appears to be very very slow with important features like this missing, combined with different approaches to the web based and EPOS systems eg sale prices not being standard to both!

We need to see these features or there is no incentive to stay with the platform or to upgrade to premium paid levels.

Which is costing Square money in lost revenue!

Message 52 of 191
Beta Member

wouldn't parel2go be any good? it has all the major delivery companies  uses api to pull the orders  why can't we have that

Message 53 of 191
Beta Member

parcel2go not much use to me.

I send mainly large letters with a few standard letters and parcels. Royal Mails click and drop integrates with ebay, Amazon etc and works well for me. With savings against their retail pricing. I can drop off at 5 different locations within 5 miles.

parcel2go uses whistl who do not have a drop off point anywhere near me and I have experienced delays in receiving letters posted through their system so definately not a solution for me.

Message 54 of 191
Beta Member

or what about using ifft or https://automate.io/

Message 55 of 191

It's generally ill-advised to transport customer data using IFTTT or similar external automation services. It's an added thing to write out in your privacy policy which could deter customers and the added question of can you trust it? 

Message 56 of 191
Super Seller

@tranguyen is there any update on this request? 

Craig
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 57 of 191
Admin

Hi @signature_home, thanks for checking in on this! Right now, I don't have a concrete update to share yet as our team are still working to develop this feature and ensure that it's working as we needed. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 58 of 191
Beta Member

@tranguyen 

Do square understand how damaging the "our team are still working to develop this feature" statment is when threads have run for months and years. You really need a different approach as it is clear that this and many other feature requests are not anywhere near the top of the list for implementation.

It is understandable that you cannot do everything.

It is also clear that there is far more activity in the US which is presumably a much bigger market for you.

I would much prefer a blunt we are unable to implement this at the present time or a realistic our lead time is 2 years.

At least then users can make an informed decision and Square would build the trust of users.

Message 59 of 191
Beta Member

I get that but the whole of the UK has been asking for this for awhile it’s abit silly most of the others have this as a basic standard you’ve been Saying soon for a few years!

Message 60 of 191
Beta Member

Is there a quick way just to print order number name and address to the printer Eg a label printer hooked up to the computer 

Message 61 of 191

I keep hoping we'll get Royal Mail integration any day now and am suffering through in the meantime, but as business grows copying and pasting every order into Click&Drop is getting silly, and though I'm loath to start over on a new platform (or at this point just stick with Etsy because this is crazy) these 'your call is important to us' replies for the past year+ aren't filling me with confidence. As others have said, other online platforms feed through automatically within half an hour of the order being placed, whereas my actual website - where I pay monthly fees for... something - requires me to copy and paste every little bit of detail for each order to get the label created. 

I appreciate that there's an order of priority on projects. I do find it hard to believe though that literally being able to post out orders efficiently wouldn't be a higher priority if this were an issue in the US. Click&Drop integration is basic level functionality for UK based businesses guys. Please. I get that you're trying to avoid the probable mass-exodus of UK users that will come from an announcement that this is years off, but if you could manage our expectations a bit here I know everyone would appreciate being able to make informed decisions for their businesses.

Message 62 of 191

you dont have to manually copy and paste orders. if you download RM click and drop windows app you can just export a csv every time you get an order into a special folder and itll copy the fields across for you. hope this helps

Message 63 of 191