x

SquarePay for online checkout...would it benefit to be able to toggle this option on/off

I understand the thinking behind squarepay and the ease of making repeat purchases, however, many of my repeat customers send items to various addresses as gifts and I have been contacted numerous times by customers informing me that they are struggling to change addresses at checkout. I have contacted Square about this and they informed me that it is because those customers have used SquarePay in the past and that this is common trait of the system. 

Therefore would it not be beneficial for businesses to be able to toggle the use of square pay on and off dependant on their business type. I for one am not finding that my customers find it useful when they cannot change the intended delivery address, however I cannot remove the use of it from my checkout. If it was set up like you see on other websites, take amazon for example, where you can set up an "address book" and add and select addresses with ease then this would work well for me and my customers, however as it stands this is not the case and it is not making the checkout experience easy for my repeat customers. 

I am interested to hear other thoughts on this. 

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LRW, welcome to the Seller Community! I'm sorry to hear that the experience with Square Pay was not as expected. At the checkout as soon as your customer enters their email address, all their information is automatically filled in for a faster checkout but they always have an option to Use a different address. 

If they continue having issues, you can advise them to opt out of Square Pay. They can opt-in again at anytime.  

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 2 of 4

Hi there, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Unfortunately that is the issue. They have not been able to use a different address. In some instances, they have input a new address but once they have submitted the new address it reverts back to the previous address and they end up going round in circles, or in other cases they get error messages stating "shipping address missing". 

It is good to know that a work around is to opt out of squarepay but I don't believe this is a solution. It would be good if my customers could avoid this problem in the first place with either of the options stated in my first message (allowing businesses to toggle the use of squarepay on and off/allowing the creating of an address book). 

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LRW, I understand your concern and how it will be easier for certain customers to not to have this option. Please do not hesitate advise your customer to opt out of Square Pay. 

Enabling and disabling Square Pay on your checkout page will be a feature request. I will share your feedback with the Product team.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post and give more context. 

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 4 of 4