x
Beta Member

Add to Cart window pop up overrides item page

I am new to the online store so this may be an easy fix...However when I go to my merchandise page on my online store and select an item, instead of going to the item page, an "Add to Cart" pop up window appears.  I would prefer that for merchandise, the actual item page appears instead of the pop up.

I believe the web page used to operate that way and I must have changed something, but for the life of me, I cannot find anything in the online set up (either in the Items or the actual Web Page) that seems to control this function.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @roasterx-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

What you're describing is a feature of the Online Order page that cannot be disabled. You could switch to a Shop All page if you want the button to link to individual product pages. Here are instructions on how to do so:

1. Click on the pages dropdown on the top left.
  2. Click on the Order Online page.
  3. Click the gear icon next to the name of the page on the left.
  4. Choose “switch layout", then choose the Shop All option.

I hope this helps! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Hi Isabelle, Thanks so much for the info!  And yep, that fixed it.  I appreciate your timely help.

BTW, are you aware of any future enhancements that would allow users to define when a "Buy Now" pop up appears, versus doing for the complete store?

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 6
Admin

You're welcome @roasterx!

Apologies for the delay in reply. Are you referring to Checkout Links

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

No, not check out links.  Just the web site behavior.  I wan the customer to go to an item page that has multiple pictures of the products before making their purchase.  Your recommendation to change from "buy now" to "Shop all" worked.  

My other comment was that it would be nice if you didn't have to make a global change.  I have food products that can be purchased with a "buy now" option, and I have merchandise that I would like to have "shop all" method.

Thanks again for your help

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @roasterx-

Thank you for your reply, and for this additional insight. I know we're looking to add more item-specific settings, and I think that would be great. 

Hopefully I'll see you around the Seller Community! 🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 6