x
Highlighted

Can I sell digital items on my Square Online Store?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Digital products?]

I am brand new, I've been searching for posts about this but many of them are old. 

I was wondering if we can sell digital products through square, and if so, is there a download option? Or do we have to go through a third party / send manually?

Message 1 of 45
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Digital products?

Best Answer

Hey @meljen-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

Yes, we have a Square Online Store powered by Weebly which allows you to list digital items for sale:

You can then provide the digital file for download via email, as we do not have an automated digital file send process after they make their purchase. You will have to manually send them their digital file for download, so make sure their email address is noted. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 🌟

Isabelle
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @meljen-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

Yes, we have a Square Online Store powered by Weebly which allows you to list digital items for sale:

You can then provide the digital file for download via email, as we do not have an automated digital file send process after they make their purchase. You will have to manually send them their digital file for download, so make sure their email address is noted. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 🌟

Isabelle

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 45
Highlighted

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 45
Highlighted
Admin

You're very welcome @meljen. Let me know if you have any other questions while you get started with your Square Online Store! 💡

Isabelle
Message 4 of 45
Highlighted

I just want to offer a digital download for free on my online store. Can I share the download link in the item description and remove the ordering functionality altogether? I want to avoid having to manually send the digital download later. 

Message 5 of 45
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @bibraver-

If the item is free and you're not anticipating payment for it, then yes, you can list the link to the download in the item description. 

Then you would not have to send the attachment in an email later. 

Isabelle
Message 6 of 45
Highlighted

Ok thanks @Isabelle_! But how can I remove the purchasing button and remove the cart process entirely for a customer since the link is already in the description? I don't want them to go through the unnecessary steps to get the link. 

Message 7 of 45
Highlighted
Admin

Ahhh @bibraver

I see what you're saying now. In that case you can use use a button or text link and choose the digital file option when making the link. That will let people just click the link or button and download the file immediately without going through any kind of checkout process.

There's no way to completely get rid of the checkout/purchase button. I guess as a workaround you could just make a web page without any items, and in the information about your business you could just include the link to the download. If you'd like more insight on how to do this, please give our Support Team a call so they can walk you through it. Thank you. 

Isabelle
Message 8 of 45
Highlighted

I am a VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER! Having to manually send digital products is a MAJOR PAIN! I've been asking for A YEAR now that you guys allow me to upload the product automatically in Weebly so that I do not have to send out literally hundreds of digital files a month. 

This is eCommerce, you guys! This makes no sense! When are you going to allow us to do this!!!

Message 9 of 45
Highlighted

Hello,

I was pointed to this thread from another thread. Just letting the admins know that I also need a way to upload digital files for sale. At this point specifically .docx, .pdf, .wav .mp3 .mpeg .avi .xlsx .pptx I know you're working on the feature. Thanks.

Message 10 of 45