x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments

I'm new and want to sell digital products.  I have them uploaded, I think properly.  But I don't want the customer to see the full product until they buy it.  How does this work?  I was going to have them click on a mailchimp landing page - and direct that to square to pay and receive the document but can't seem to figure this out ...is there an easier way I want to get this store up - Help!

Ps stay healthy stay in.

Alumni

Hi there, @CH42 - thanks for the wishes of health, and back at'cha!

I moved your post over to this thread where @isabelle explained how digital items can be added for sale on your online store. Because you will have to manually send your customer a digital file for download after they've purchased the digital item, they will not be able to see the full product until after they've made a purchase. I hope this helps clarify, but definitely let us know if it doesn't.

So, to clarify, if someone purchases a digital item, you have to manually deliver it to them?? Setting up more digital items as a way of passive income and this way of doing things is certainly far from "passive"...

Alumni

It sounds like we're on the same page here, @kaylabeard - when one of your customers purchases a digital item, you will need to manually send them the digital item they've purchased.

A lot changes are being quickly implemented within the online store at this time - if any changes are made to the way digital items can be sold, we will be sure to post an update here. I'd recommend staying subscribed to this thread to receive a notification when an update is posted.

Great! I look forward to some more automation options! 🙂

When I pick Digital Goods, I cannot upload anything?  I want to sell PDFs of: patterns, comics etc (that I made). Do I have to manually "ship" it after payment via email?

Admin

Hey @CatinChouchoue-

Thanks for posting in the Seller community! 

Take a look at my best answer in this thread for the answer to your question/issue. It should provide some clarity. Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

I just want to offer a digital download for free on my online store. Can I share the download link in the item description and remove the ordering functionality altogether? I want to avoid having to manually send the digital download later. 

Admin

Hey @bibraver-

If the item is free and you're not anticipating payment for it, then yes, you can list the link to the download in the item description. 

Then you would not have to send the attachment in an email later. 

Ok thanks @isabelle! But how can I remove the purchasing button and remove the cart process entirely for a customer since the link is already in the description? I don't want them to go through the unnecessary steps to get the link.