x
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Digital products?

Thanks for adding your voice here, @carltonsmith! We hear you. We are actively updating this thread as we have news to share. We will continue to do so and let you know when an update is coming down the pipeline.

Thanks, again!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 48
Highlighted

This needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. I have to manually email digital files. I just sent 70 PDFs manually! It makes no sense that an online eCommerce provider does not do this. It will cause you to lose customers. 

Think about Kodak. They were pioneers in digital photography, but refused to make investments in that arena due to their thought that film would always be used. They are no longer in business. 

Message 12 of 48
Highlighted

How do I know I will have their email address?  Are they automatically prompted, since it's digital to input that information?  Or how do I make sure I will have the correct information?

Message 13 of 48
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @millermorning great question! The emails are automatically collected during checkout. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 14 of 48
Highlighted

"we have a Square Online Store powered by Weebly".

But Weebly has the option to provide a digital download so why has this not yet happened? Is there any time scale update to this?

Seems very strange that in a age and time where digital downloads are all that my business is currently able to offer, that Square hasn't made this more of a priority. All I can see is that they've prioritized delivery options, whilst the rest of us are left to send send huge numbers of download links to our customers. My life is hard enough trying to keep a business afloat without the extra email traffic i'm dealing with during the Coronavirus.

Message 15 of 48
Highlighted

Anything?

Having to manually send digital products is not acceptable especially in times like these. Most businesses are depending on online sales....Please make this a priority Square!

Message 16 of 48
Highlighted

Nothing yet, I think I'm going to have to move my store over to another site... It seems counterproductive to have an online store for digital downloads that I have to email out myself.

@Cheer-Haven I hope you find a solution as well... I was really enjoying the ease of my weebly site too ... 😞

Message 17 of 48
Highlighted

I'm with you... If this doesn't get priority soon, I will have to make a change aswell.

Do love Weebly but its just not working out for my digital downloads:(

Message 18 of 48
Highlighted
Admin

We appreciate your sincerity here, @Cheer-Haven. We likewise appreciate you adding your voice and context to your business on how this feature specifically would help in the long run. I am going to go ahead and tag our Product Teams here for visibility.

We look to have a positive update to share soon. Thanks for your continued patience!

Joe
Message 19 of 48
Highlighted

So Joe,

My question is WHY the Product Team was not tagged in the first place with something this important to your customers???

I am so sick of this. 

Message 20 of 48