x
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Digital products?

Hi @biglizconjure - our Product Teams actively monitor Feature Request threads every week to insure that are staying up to date with Seller requests and suggestions. My comments concerning tagging were simply to confirm that we have visibility on it. 

We field thousands of feature requests each week here on the Seller Community, and bringing these features to fruition often takes an ample amount of time and effort from our engineers. We want to ensure that our releases are not just surface level products, but the best all-around resources to help you grow your business.

These requests also span an array of different aspects of our products; some are more major, while some are periphery features. Our Product Teams do have a road-map for future additions to our offering, but the nature of our work includes trial, error, and set-backs. So sharing a timeline would be far from accurate and more than likely cause more confusion and angst. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 48
Highlighted

Hi Joe,

As an IT professional, I understand what you are saying, but you did not answer my question. This should have been a MAJOR priority, and this as been requested for YEARS. My question is why is this being treated like an afterthought when you are losing customers because of it!

Message 22 of 48
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @biglizconjure - thanks for reaching out. I am not a developer or an engineer, meaning that I do not personally make decisions as to which Feature Requests are implemented and which are not. But as an IT professional myself, I can only infer that the need for development in other areas has been more highly requested for engineering production - a basic course of action for technical companies and services.

I recommend you read this helpful resource concerning how Feature Requests are developed by our teams. It will help provide some context.

Joe
Message 23 of 48
Highlighted

I signed up with Square/Weebly because you apparently offered digital downloads. After paying for the service and moving some of my digital products to the site from Etsy, I find that I actually have to manually complete the process by sending a manual email with the digital download. I really need this option. It's not helpful to me that I have several more steps to do just to sell a pdf download. Now what do I do!

Message 24 of 48
Highlighted

"digital products"

I'm new and want to sell digital products.  I have them uploaded, I think properly.  But I don't want the customer to see the full product until they buy it.  How does this work?  I was going to have them click on a mailchimp landing page - and direct that to square to pay and receive the document but can't seem to figure this out ...is there an easier way I want to get this store up - Help!

Ps stay healthy stay in.

Message 25 of 48
Highlighted
Admin

Re: "digital products"

Hi there, @CH42 - thanks for the wishes of health, and back at'cha!

I moved your post over to this thread where @Isabelle_ explained how digital items can be added for sale on your online store. Because you will have to manually send your customer a digital file for download after they've purchased the digital item, they will not be able to see the full product until after they've made a purchase. I hope this helps clarify, but definitely let us know if it doesn't.

Valentina
Message 26 of 48
Highlighted

So, to clarify, if someone purchases a digital item, you have to manually deliver it to them?? Setting up more digital items as a way of passive income and this way of doing things is certainly far from "passive"...

Message 27 of 48
Highlighted
Admin

It sounds like we're on the same page here, @kaylabeard - when one of your customers purchases a digital item, you will need to manually send them the digital item they've purchased.

A lot changes are being quickly implemented within the online store at this time - if any changes are made to the way digital items can be sold, we will be sure to post an update here. I'd recommend staying subscribed to this thread to receive a notification when an update is posted.

Valentina
Message 28 of 48
Highlighted

Great! I look forward to some more automation options! 🙂

Message 29 of 48
Highlighted

An this "solution" is unacceptable. Manual mailing of digital files (the lionshare of my sales during COVID) is killing my soul, and we have asked you all to fix this repeatedly! I should be able to upload digital files, and customers should be able to get them at the time of purchase. We should NOT have to wait for you to catch up with Etsy!

Message 30 of 48