x
Highlighted

Re: "digital products"

Great! I look forward to some more automation options! 🙂

Message 31 of 60
Highlighted

An this "solution" is unacceptable. Manual mailing of digital files (the lionshare of my sales during COVID) is killing my soul, and we have asked you all to fix this repeatedly! I should be able to upload digital files, and customers should be able to get them at the time of purchase. We should NOT have to wait for you to catch up with Etsy!

Message 32 of 60
Highlighted

Frankly, even a solution where I could provide my customer with a link to their download would be fine. I can host the files myself on my own web-server, and would honestly prefer this as most of my downloads are links to online resources anyway! Pretty Please SORT THIS!

Message 33 of 60
Highlighted

I have a similar issue. Sending files as an after sale is not an option. It means I still have to manually traffic my business. I need the client to be able to pay & download from a file that I've uploaded. I have this currently but it's via a 3-way sell as I have to upload to my website (which also doesn't support it) and link it to Shopify for the sale to go through. It works well but it's a long winded process and costing me double. I was hoping that SQUARE would be a one-stop shop for me. So I guess what I'm saying is perhaps you could direct your mailchimp landing page link to Shopify? 

Message 34 of 60
Highlighted

How Do I Sell Digital Downloads?

When I pick Digital Goods, I cannot upload anything?  I want to sell PDFs of: patterns, comics etc (that I made). Do I have to manually "ship" it after payment via email?

Message 35 of 60
Highlighted
Admin

Re: How Do I Sell Digital Downloads?

Hey @CatinChouchoue-

Thanks for posting in the Seller community! 

Take a look at my best answer in this thread for the answer to your question/issue. It should provide some clarity. Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

Isabelle
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 36 of 60
Highlighted

Well, the "best answer" is not even a good answer! Sorry, but Square needs to up the game for digital sellers, especially in this day and age!!! Having to send out a digital file manually is old technology. I saw that things are being updated...that was over a month and a half ago...so what's happening? And when id all of this "updating" start? Surely not just a month or so ago? Square needs to get this in place. That's the bottom line. I get so tired of hearing from companies..."oh we're working on it" and then nothing happens. SO, what about it, SQUARE? are you going to get off the pot and get it done or just keep dragging us along with old tech?

Message 37 of 60
Highlighted

I completely agree with you. This is ridiculous.

Message 38 of 60
Highlighted

thank you! nice to see others feeling the same! maybe Square will get the hint

Message 39 of 60
Highlighted

I don't think they are listening. I've been asking for this to be fixed for over a year. The old Weebly sites allowed this, and I think the former Square online store did too. There is no reason not to add this functionality. 

Message 40 of 60