x

How do you set up multiple online stores (for more than one location) with the new Weebly system?

We are a business with multiple locations and are trying to set up Pick Up without having to pay in store - how do you set up multiple online stores that are tied to physical locations with the new Weebly system?

Message 1 of 66
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Good news! I have an update on this feature request

Please take a look at our most recent Square Online product update, which goes over how to manage multiple sites on one Square account. This will allow you to create a site per location.

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 57 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

I have 2 domains with 2 different types of products that I sell in physical store but I would like to keep it separate online.

Message 22 of 66
Super Seller

You should be able to link up both sites to one square account. Assuming you are just using their plugin for CC sales on each site?

You can also add each location in your dashboard," site name 1- site name 2" etc. under Accounts & Settings>Business>Location

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 23 of 66
Admin

Thanks for posting your question, @lalalimalala. It isn't possible right now to set up multiple online stores, although that will be an option in the future. In the meantime, you can use multiple locations with a single online store. Customers will be able to choose a pickup location during checkout. This guide in our online store support site explains how to set up in-store pickup. You can have different settings for each location, and they will also respect how you have your items assigned to locations within your Square account, meaning it won't let someone pick up an item from a location if that location doesn't have the item in stock.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 24 of 66

I have this same problem. except I already had 2 locations. because I had to different kinds of businesses. which meant I had 2 websites. since the new weebly store. both sites got merged to one location. so what your saying is I can not set the one bath to the other location? this is something that should have been thought about before all this happened. because it is screwing up my inventory and my transaction reports. I can no longer keep track of how each biz is doing. and had to shift all customers to make a purchase. then edit it each time I have to do an email invoice.

Message 25 of 66

I have two locations defined, I have stock at one of the locations. The check-out defaults to the location without the stock.  Can a default Pickup location be defined, and if so how?

Message 26 of 66
Admin

Thanks for your question, @Muddy.

Just so I understand how you are using your store, you have two pickup locations but keep all the stock at one? I ask because you have pickup set up for two locations. If you aren't providing pickup at one of the locations because you don't keep stock there you can disable pickup for it in Settings > Pickup & delivery.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 27 of 66

I have 2 locations that have separate inventory. I would like to set up an online store for each location. I have set up an online store for one, but it only seems to let me choose 1 location as the location that controls what is in the inventory.

Is there a way that i can set up separate online stores for each location since some products are only available at one location.

Message 28 of 66

Hi @Ppfb,

Really great that you have 2 locations! I would encourage you to check out the Manage Multiple Locations with Square page. The page goes in-depth on how to set up multiple locations and there is a section on multi-location item management. The key thing to note is that the multiple locations are all created from a single Square Dashboard.

Message 29 of 66
Admin

Hey @Ppfb-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Please take a look at @AdamB's best answer in this thread. That should help from some clarity! Thanks again for posting and let me know if you have any questions about this.  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 30 of 66

I already had 2 locations with 2 separate websites because i had 2 separate businesses. but when I converted over to the new weebly, it merged both of my websites to one single location. how can I get the one back to being a separate entity like it was. it messed up my inventory and sales reports.

Message 31 of 66
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @koalas_boutique

Thank you for reaching out about your Online Store. I moved your post to a thread with a similar topic. 

Right now, you are unable to run multiple separate locations in your Online Store. This is something on the radar of our Product Team, so I will be able to add you to the list of sellers who've already mentioned it. 

Keep an eye for Product Updates for upcoming launches. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 32 of 66

Thank you. Hopefully it happens soon. Like i said I already had 2 separate sites and locations and the shift to the new one messed everything up and just created a disaster with inventory and people being able to try and order items online. 

Message 33 of 66

@koalas_boutique

I completely understand. Thank you for your patience! 

Kassi
Message 34 of 66
Beta Member

We have multiple locations and would like to isolate each locations menu so we can embed them within our website on their location page. People are getting confused and since location is at the end of the flow, they go through the entire process and have to restart when an item is not at the location they want to pick up from.

At the very least, allow customers to pick location first and populate whats available at that specific location before they pick out items.

Message 35 of 66
Admin

Hey @mikeysal-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

What you're looking for is a feature request that we're tracking in the thread I've merged your post into. 

In the meantime, I posted a suggestion in this thread that goes over how to have one page per location, and assign items to one location specifically. I hope that is helpful in the meantime. We'll be sure to post in this thread once multi-location businesses is more optimized for the Square Online Store. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 36 of 66

I am wondering if I am understanding the replies in this post correctly. Prior to Square's update, we had multiple locations and an Online Store for each location. We had different items in each store. I am needing to add an additional location with a separate online store. From what I've read in previous messages, that is not possible unless I use a different email? Is that correct? If that is the case, I'm not sure what I'm going to do because that's not going to work for our business.

Thank you in advance.

Message 37 of 66
Alumni

Thank you for posting @Soltis. You are correct, currently you must create separate Square Accounts if you choose to create more than one web page for an additional location. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 38 of 66

I offer 2 distinct services/products. Can I set up 2 seperate Square Pay online stores (websites) from my single square pay account?

Message 39 of 66

Hey! I've merged your post with an existing thread that will help answer your question. You can jump right to Adam's Best Answer as well. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 40 of 66

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: New Website

Does anyone know if you can you create a second website? Or is it just one website per account that you're allowed to create?

Message 41 of 66
Alumni

Right now, one online store can be created per Square account but the option to create multiple sites is in the works. Stay tuned for future updates. @jjbenson

Justin
Message 42 of 66