x
Beta Member

Can I use the Square Online site for farm?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online store for farm

With this virus all over the world places need to adapt to be able to keep going. On our farm we have setup our store almost like a takeout window which is really different than usual as it is a farm market. The thing is in addition to this we want to be able to take online orders and people want to be able to place orders. I am curious if square would be good for this and how it would work with square devices? This would eventually become a massive amount of orders going through the system and I have no idea if square is up for that or not? Thanks for any advice ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@MattHebb1995 thanks for posting - the online store feature for your farm sounds really exciting! We will be able to help with that. You can set up your online store and have pick up orders as well as delivery and all orders can be placed online. 

I would recommend setting up your Online Store through the Square Dashboard and then following this help article for any further questions. You can manage all of your orders on the Square Dashboard as well. Here is another help article to get you on your feet with managing orders

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @MattHebb1995๐Ÿฅ•

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and considering Square as your business evolves.

I am hoping our SuperSeller, @VanKalkerFarms will be able to weigh in here. Perhaps @MichiganFarmsta or @FarmMom have some insight here, too? 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 8
Admin

Hey @MattHebb1995, Helen here from the Commuinty team. I hope you're well, or as well as you can be given the circumstances. 

I just wanted to add to Isabelle's reply let you know about a webinar coming up this Friday about setting up on Online Store. The Online Store team would love to hear your questions (if you're still considering Square). You can post questions on this thread: How to Take your Business Online for team to answer at the end of the webinar. You can register from that post too! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 8

Another farmer here. I already use square stand for direct sales. I sell products that are sold by weight and therefore each and every item has a unique weight and price. Therefore, I would need to receive order with estimated price,  fill order, edit order to reflect actual price, and then process payment. Can square online store handle these kinds of transactions? If not, I think ecwid can but it looks like it will only work with square if I buy the most expensive option? Is this accurate? Is there a better way to handle these kinds of transactions? 

Message 4 of 8
Admin

Hey @OmegaBlue-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Providing estimates to customers is only a feature we provide via Square Invoices/Estimates. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to offer a variably priced item using Square Online Store. If you try to leave the item price empty, you'll receive this error message:

I think that Square Invoices/Estimates might be the best option for now if you'd like to take orders over the phone, send your customers an estimate followed by an invoice, and then have them input their card information. This would make the items available for curbside pickup or delivery by arranging with the customer. Ecwid also may be able to fulfill your needs, but I cannot speak to their pricing. Please let me know if you have any questions about this! โœจ

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

I cant answer the question about online sales.  But at the POS level we have done 1600 transactions in 12 hours with no issues. 
I am also looking at moving online when we open in May!  Thanks for the link to the webinar.

Message 6 of 8
Admin

Of course! ๐Ÿ‘ (I think you did answer the question in part - thank you!)

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@MattHebb1995 thanks for posting - the online store feature for your farm sounds really exciting! We will be able to help with that. You can set up your online store and have pick up orders as well as delivery and all orders can be placed online. 

I would recommend setting up your Online Store through the Square Dashboard and then following this help article for any further questions. You can manage all of your orders on the Square Dashboard as well. Here is another help article to get you on your feet with managing orders

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8