x
Beta Member

Cart configuration options (like for cutlery)

I'm requesting this feature specifically to have the ability to keep track of qty of cutlery to include in a to-go order, however, the functionality could be used in a variety of ways. The generic description of the functionality would be something like: order-level configurable options, or checkout addons like you see with WooCommerce here.

Some online food ordering systems provide the option to select the number of 'place settings' or

quantity of cutlery to include in the order.

With the current capabilities of the Square Online Store system, I believe the only way to configure this would be with a modifier on a per-product basis. However if the customer adds 2 or more items to their cart, it can get more than a little confusing keeping track of the number of cutlery they might have added to their order across all products. Not only for the customer, but also for the staff preparing the order for them.

I would like to have the option to display an option on the cart that allows the customer to answer a question, like "How many place settings do you require?" with a dropdown of options we input as available options. That question and its answer would make its way into the order confirmation email and to our order screen in the square app so that we can prepare the orders accurately.

Thanks for considering.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @lemondogs thank you so much for taking the time to post such a detailed thread for this feature request. I love this feature as well and will continue to share seller feedback regarding the necessity of this for your businesses. 

Also, you are correct that currently the only option of a workaround right now would be to add a modifier set to your items named "cutlery," but I agree that this can be confusing for both the customer and the seller. 

Thanks again for sharing. The detail in this thread is invaluable for our team to understanding how to better help you guys out!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

2 Years later and still nothing like this exists. A similar function to this is for customers to indicate when they complete their purchase if they're simply pre-ordering and eating in or if they're taking it to-go -- the answer to this can change the type of packaging used. The option exists when using Square for Restaurants and taking in-person orders, but it does not exist for online orders.

Message 3 of 3