x

Feature Request: Item or Quantity based discounts for Square Online website (bulk discounting)

Feature Request: Item or Quantity based discounts for Square Online website (bulk discounting)

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: bulk purchase coupon-online store]

Hi- Is there a way to create a discount or coupon for the online store if a customer were to purchase a bulk number of items? For example, each tart is $3, if the customer were to purchase 6 tarts they'll receive a discount.  Thank you.

17 Comments

[This post was merged from the original thread titled: Auto discount.]

We sell bulk for less but it messes up the inventory, how can I set up auto discount after ringing up multiple of the same item

Admin

Hi @Americancigar,

Welcome to the Seller Community! We aren't able to offer an auto-discount, though some other sellers brought up a similar request in another thread. Have a look at "Inventory: Can you bundle items together as a single item or special?" for some possible workarounds and let us know if that helps.

In addition, I'll raise your post to our Point of Sale team and point out how this feature would help keep things moving efficiently as you accept payments from your customers. Keep in touch!

We sell plants at $3.00 each or 4 for $10.  I don't know if you've found an answer but what I did was set up an auto discount in the square dashboard so that once we've hit the 4th $3.00 item, each item gets a discount of $0.50.  We don't use the inventory but it does remove the individual items from inventory and shows their sale in the reports.  It also keeps the price correct ($3.00) if they only purchase 1, 2, or 3 items.  We also offer the items at $2.50 for any amount over 4 so it works well there.

Admin

Hi @bafranco1-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. As of right now, the Online Store uses coupons instead of discounts for POS.

These are the following types or coupons we currently offer for our Square Online Store:

1. Percentage Discount: Discounts the purchase price based on the percentage you enter.
  2. Dollar Amount Discount: Discounts the purchase price based on the amount you enter.
  3. Free Shipping: Removes shipping fees from an order. You’ll need to create shipping rates before setting up this type of coupon.

Choose what the coupon applies to from the dropdown menu:

1. All orders: The coupon is valid for all orders, as long as they meet any date restrictions you’ve set up.
  2. Orders over a certain amount: The coupon will only be valid if the order is over a specific dollar amount. Enter that amount in the field below. The amount is inclusive - that is, if the coupon is valid on orders over $10, and the order amount is $10, the coupon will be valid.
  3. Specific categories: The coupon applies to items that are included in the category you choose.
  4. Specific items: The coupon applies only to the items you select here. 

Based on the currently offered settings, it doesn't look like you'll be able to create an itemized-quantity discount. Hopefully this is a feature we'll have available in the future. In the meantime, you'll be able to create a discount for that item up to a certain amount, but it won't be sophisticated enough to only apply the discount once a certain quantity of that item is added to the cart:

I'll make sure to escalate this feature request, and I'll post in this thread when I hear something about it. Thank you so much for surfacing this.  

I am new at all this, but I think I have a similar issue. We sell one product, one price, various flavors. Simple, huh? One for $5, 3 for $13, 5 for $20, etc. So if a customer orders three from the Online Store, which would ordinarily total $15 (at one for $5), I think I have to make a coupon I'll call maybe "3for$13", specifying $2 off a purchase of $15 or more?...

Will this work if I make a second coupon for the 5 for $20 deal: that would ordinarily total $25 (at 5x one for $5), specifying $5 off a purchase of $25 or more?

I believe I saw that only one coupon code may be used, but that might work?...

thanks

Square Dashboard provided me a greet discount to apply automatically. Unfortunately, the online store coupon (discount) is woefully inadequate and unbelievably unsophisticated.  It's unusable. Is there any other option for our Square Online Store by Weebly to sync with the "discount" I created in the Dashboard, or is there a third party app we can use to give online customers some conditions for their coupon.  Square Dashboard uses the term Discount while Square Online Store uses the term coupon.  For example, instead of a $5 discount on every item selected, why can't you provide a way to apply a discount of $5 for every two items selected in a named category.  It can be done in the Square Dashboard to be used on the POS, but it can't be used on the online store for people placing orders from their seat.  Please help. Anything!

Alumni

Yeah, not ideal that discounts created in the POS aren't transferable to the Online Store. Hoping to make the Coupon feature in the Online Store more layered and flexible. 

For now, I've tagged your post as a feature request so our Ecom Team gets word on what improvements Sellers are looking to be implemented. We'll make an announcement here in the Community when there is news to share. 

@philbo

I am trying to set up a custom coupon on our online store. Current feature does not allow me set up a specific $ that need to be spent, in order to activate the coupon. Also, I am not able to limit the coupon to only 1 item per transaction.

For example

Free bottle of wine if you spend $40

$10 off if you spend $50

Please advise, if these feature can be added. This will allow us to drives more sales through our online store.

Thank you

Alumni

@Barcha 

Square Online Coupons cannot accommodate those type of conditional discounts. We're looking into adding more options for Coupons soon, so keep watch over this thread I merged you to for updates. 

Thank you for your reply. I think it is just an IF statement, nothing complicated.