[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: bulk purchase coupon-online store]
Hi- Is there a way to create a discount or coupon for the online store if a customer were to purchase a bulk number of items? For example, each tart is $3, if the customer were to purchase 6 tarts they'll receive a discount. Thank you.
Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. As of right now, the Online Store uses coupons instead of discounts for POS.
These are the following types or coupons we currently offer for our Square Online Store:
- Percentage Discount: Discounts the purchase price based on the percentage you enter.
- Dollar Amount Discount: Discounts the purchase price based on the amount you enter.
- Free Shipping: Removes shipping fees from an order. You’ll need to create shipping rates before setting up this type of coupon.
Choose what the coupon applies to from the dropdown menu:
- All orders: The coupon is valid for all orders, as long as they meet any date restrictions you’ve set up.
- Orders over a certain amount: The coupon will only be valid if the order is over a specific dollar amount. Enter that amount in the field below. The amount is inclusive - that is, if the coupon is valid on orders over $10, and the order amount is $10, the coupon will be valid.
- Specific categories: The coupon applies to items that are included in the category you choose.
- Specific items: The coupon applies only to the items you select here.
Based on the currently offered settings, it doesn't look like you'll be able to create an itemized-quantity discount. Hopefully this is a feature we'll have available in the future. In the meantime, you'll be able to create a discount for that item up to a certain amount, but it won't be sophisticated enough to only apply the discount once a certain quantity of that item is added to the cart:
I'll make sure to escalate this feature request, and I'll post in this thread when I hear something about it. Thank you so much for surfacing this.
I am new at all this, but I think I have a similar issue. We sell one product, one price, various flavors. Simple, huh? One for $5, 3 for $13, 5 for $20, etc. So if a customer orders three from the Online Store, which would ordinarily total $15 (at one for $5), I think I have to make a coupon I'll call maybe "3for$13", specifying $2 off a purchase of $15 or more?...
Will this work if I make a second coupon for the 5 for $20 deal: that would ordinarily total $25 (at 5x one for $5), specifying $5 off a purchase of $25 or more?
I believe I saw that only one coupon code may be used, but that might work?...
Square Dashboard provided me a greet discount to apply automatically. Unfortunately, the online store coupon (discount) is woefully inadequate and unbelievably unsophisticated. It's unusable. Is there any other option for our Square Online Store by Weebly to sync with the "discount" I created in the Dashboard, or is there a third party app we can use to give online customers some conditions for their coupon. Square Dashboard uses the term Discount while Square Online Store uses the term coupon. For example, instead of a $5 discount on every item selected, why can't you provide a way to apply a discount of $5 for every two items selected in a named category. It can be done in the Square Dashboard to be used on the POS, but it can't be used on the online store for people placing orders from their seat. Please help. Anything!
Re: Is there any alternative to the coupons native to Square Online Store by Weebly?
Yeah, not ideal that discounts created in the POS aren't transferable to the Online Store. Hoping to make the Coupon feature in the Online Store more layered and flexible.
For now, I've tagged your post as a feature request so our Ecom Team gets word on what improvements Sellers are looking to be implemented. We'll make an announcement here in the Community when there is news to share.