x

Google Merchant Center sync

Hi, has anyone been successful with syncing their square/weebly online store with Google Merchant Center? I don't want to upload products manually so hoping there is a solution as i cannot find any support articles. Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hey @terrariumstudio,

Thanks for your message.

I took a further look into this one and it looks like at the moment Square Online Store doesn't support Google Merchant Center integration.

We do feature SEO tools to help highlight your items in Google searches, however there's no direct way to sync with Google Merchant Center.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11

What a shame! Would be awesome if you guys could look into an API or have a HTML code google merchant centre can access to update products. 

Message 3 of 11
Admin

@terrariumstudio I can see that functionality would be handy for sellers looking to use Google Merchant Center!

While I'm not sure if this feature is on our product map at the moment, I'll pass your feedback on to the team as a feature request and will update this thread if I hear of any changes in the future!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @christo

You post in the Community it appreciated! Unfortunately, at this time Square doesn't support the integration with Google Merchant Center. It would be considered a Feature Request for our Product Team. 

I moved your post to a thread where another seller had some similar questions, so once more information is available we can post a Product Update there.  

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Message 5 of 11

has this been updated so square shop can verify with google merchant centre? 

Message 6 of 11

Hi there @SoniaSaysSit,

We don't have any further updates to share regarding the Google Merchant Centre sync at this time. Should this change in future, we'll be sure to tag everyone and comment in this thread.

In the meantime, we'll continue to share the feedback we receive here with our internal teams.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 7 of 11

Hi Laurie,

Am I correct that this is a feature in the US?

If so, wouldn't this be an easy add to AU square?

I am having no luck with getting Google to crawl our Square site and find our products and pages.

This is one major drawback of square vs Shopify and honestly is a reason to switch platforms....

Any info of how to overcome this would be amazing.

thanks!

Message 8 of 11

Hey there @benstephan,

You are correct, US Sellers are able to use Google Product Listings to make their item catalogue more searchable across Google surfaces, including Google Search and Google Images.

Ideally, we want these same features to be accessible for all markets in future. While I'm unable to share development timelines for specific features, I can say that this is on our radar for our Australian customers. If Square has been working so far for you but this is a feature your business depends on, it's worthwhile checking back in with us further down the line as we're constantly updating our service offerings based on feedback like this.

If you're looking to boost your search engine results in the meantime, we recommend reviewing your SEO Settings and Square's Ultimate SEO Guide for tips and best practices.

Ultimately, we trust you to make the best call for your business at the end of the day. If we're able to help answer any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 9 of 11

Is this feature not available to use in Australia yet? Badly wants product listings on square to be in sync with google merchant center

Message 10 of 11

Hi there, @lushella

I do see that Google merchant center is available in Australia. Although, I cannot find much information on if you are able to list products from Square specifically. I did find this Support Article that may be able to provide some guidance here. 

I hope this helps a bit.

Message 11 of 11