x

How can I disable Square Online order notification emails?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: disable online store order emails

Does anyone know how to disable the email notification for online store orders? We receive the notification for each order via our POS system, so there is no need to get a separate email for each and every order that is fulfilled. It seems like it would be a simple opt-out option, but I can't find it!

Message 1 of 58
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

If you are using the new online store then there isn't currently a way to turn off email notifications. I suggest reaching out to your ESP to set up a filter so the order notification emails are automatically routed to a folder or deleted.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 28 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
Alumni

You're absolutely spot-on with this one!

You can change this setting right from the Account & Settings section of your Square Dashboard. Once you're logged in, and looking at this page, scroll down to the Transactional Emails section. The very last option is called Online Store Order - you'll want to toggle this off if you do not want to receive email notifications related to your orders. Keep in mind that you will also stop receiving and notifications for online store order related activity, like when an order expires.

I hope this helps, @SweetCaneCafe 🤞

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 58

This option did not work for me.

Message 3 of 58
Alumni

Hi @jbramblet,

After toggling the option, are you still receiving an email for every type of transaction or is this in regard to only certain email notifications still going out?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 58
Beta Member

In my case it is only for online orders.  All other transactional emails work if you check them and don't if you uncheck them.

Message 5 of 58
Beta Member

Valentina, Your advice is supposed to work but in reality it doesn't.  I and some other people I see in the seller community have unchecked online orders and still get emails whether it is checked or unchecked.  Is there a bug to this?

Message 6 of 58

This does not work for me, as I have said numerous times here and on the phone with Square support. It is a known bug, from what I have been told.

Message 7 of 58

I was having this problem and it was driving me crazy to get up to 100 emails a day as online order notifications. FINALLY, I got it to stop. I toggled the email notifications to ON and then waited about 48 hours, and toggled it OFF. For whatever reason, this seemed to allow the system to actually register my request. Hope this works for others.

Message 8 of 58

OH WOW!!! I hope this works. Going to try now. I toggle the Square Online Order checkbox to ON (Under Account Settings -> Transactional Emails), wait 48 hours, then turn it OFF? If this works I can't THANK YOU ENOUGH! I will keep you all posted....

Message 9 of 58

Darn, this did not work for me. Maybe I waited too long to reset it back to off? (It was over 48hrs). Very disappointed Square has not figured out a bug fix on this issue. What's up Square??

Message 10 of 58

It only worked for me die about two days, then they started clogging up my inbox again. So frustrating. This shouldn’t be such a difficult thing to fix, Square!

Message 11 of 58

This selection seems to be missing on the latest version and or Square for Restaurants.
I get an email on every online order.  
Would like to not get emails on every order but do not see any settings for this... 

Message 12 of 58
Admin

@blakeadesigns You should see the option in your regular Square Dashboard regardless if you have Restaurants or not. 

Account & Settings > Email Notifications is where you'll need to navigate to!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 13 of 58
Beta Member

I’ve had these emails turned off for months now and I’m still getting them. To clarify, I don’t get emails after each transaction that happens on my square register, I get an email for every order that happens on our website. 

Message 14 of 58
Admin

Ahh I see @Nolanryan. If you scroll up on this thread, AdamB's Best Answer addresses the Online Store email notifications and a workaround on how you can stop receiving them.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 15 of 58
Beta Member

This is not correct. There is no “Online Store Order” on my screen when accessing the Transaction Emails section

Message 16 of 58
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Brianslink

Have you had a chance to check out this support article for order notification preferences

Message 17 of 58
Beta Member

Yes… Thank you there is nothing in there about receiving text message notifications for purchases made through Square Online Checkout.

Message 18 of 58
Square Community Moderator

My apologies, I think I may have misunderstood your question. 

Are you asking how to disable the order notification email from being sent to your email address when you have a new order, or are you asking about the order notification text that is sent out to the customer after they complete a purchase? 

Message 19 of 58

Hi - I can't seem to turn OFF the email notification every time a purchase made on our store. I originally had it turned ON to make sure our online store was working properly (Account & Settings ->Email Notifications->Transactional Emails). I have called Square Support several times and they keep telling me it must be a bug, and have submitted it to be fixed. It's getting super annoying now. Anyone else having this issue?

Message 20 of 58
Alumni

Hey @BlendCoffeeBar - looks like you were in the right area in Dashboard to disable online order notifications. 

I've merged you to this thread, as @Valentina walks through steps to do this. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 21 of 58