x
Highlighted

How can I give my employees/team members access to my Square Online Store?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store Access for Multiple Users]

Ever since Square migrated our online store to the Weebly platform, only one single user account has access to it, which happens to be the owner's account (and whom doesn't do any of the online store work). We didn't have this issue before because anyone given 'admin' rights to our Square store had access to update and publish things in the Online Store as well.

Now when anyone other than the owner account tries to access the online store, you get a 'permissions error'. We'd be happy to change the permissions settings if such a setting exists?

Ticket opened with Square, but no solution yet. Can't believe necessary access is revoked with zero forewarning of such critical changes. 

Do other online store users have this same limitation where only one, solitary user is allowed access to the 'new' online store?

Message 1 of 39
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admin

Re: How can I give admins access to the Online Store?

Best Answer

💥 Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post an update on this issue. Moving forward, any team members or admins who have the 'full access' option will now have access to the Square Online Store.

Thanks for your patience! 

Isabelle
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Online Store Access for Multiple Users

Hey @Wine_Master

Thanks for your post. I went ahead and reached out to our internal Online Store team. They were able to make an adjustment to your account, so that admins can log into the new Square Online Store powered by Weebly now.

Please confirm that this change has been made successfully by replying back in this thread. Just to make this clear, this is not a widely available feature, just an exception we've made for accounts that need this enabled to run their business. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Isabelle
Message 2 of 39
Highlighted

@Isabelle_  thank you for having Support look at this. We've been trying to have this fixed and zero luck.

Our admins still lack access to the online store and receive the 'insufficient permissions' error, so this still needs fixed. 

Not sure why access was reduced when the move to Weebly happened nor why this was not communicated to Square users?

Message 3 of 39
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @Wine_Master!

Apologies on my end. Would you mind trying to have your Admins access the Online Store again? I think I got it right this time. 

Isabelle
Message 4 of 39
Highlighted

@Isabelle_  I had one of the admins try it and he was able to get to the online store. Thank you for addressing it.

Still not sure why our needs are an exception? I find it hard to believe no other Square users require more than one person to add/change things in the online store.

Message 5 of 39
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @Wine_Master!

You're welcome! I think it has to do with the relationship between Team Management and Square Online Store. We have yet to develop a permission for Online Store access, so in the meantime, we're providing this fix based on need.

Hopefully I'll have an update on what we plan to do for this in the future soon. Thanks for your patience! 

Isabelle
Message 6 of 39
Highlighted

Hey @Isabelle_ ,

I am needing a team member to be able to access my online store. Can you help?

Message 7 of 39
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @SouthernHarts!

I have reached out to the appropriate team to see if your Admins can have access to your Online Store. 

I will confirm once I hear back from them. I would suggest adding those you want to have access to your Online Store as admins in the meantime. Thanks for your patience! 

Isabelle
Message 8 of 39
Highlighted

@Isabelle_  Thank you! & per your suggestion, I have added her as an admin.  🙂 

Message 9 of 39
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @SouthernHarts.

Thanks for your patience 😊.

Can you have your admin try to access your Square Online Store?

Isabelle
Message 10 of 39