x

How can I give my employees/team members access to my Square Online site?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store Access for Multiple Users]

Ever since Square migrated our online store to the Weebly platform, only one single user account has access to it, which happens to be the owner's account (and whom doesn't do any of the online store work). We didn't have this issue before because anyone given 'admin' rights to our Square store had access to update and publish things in the Online Store as well.

Now when anyone other than the owner account tries to access the online store, you get a 'permissions error'. We'd be happy to change the permissions settings if such a setting exists?

Ticket opened with Square, but no solution yet. Can't believe necessary access is revoked with zero forewarning of such critical changes. 

Do other online store users have this same limitation where only one, solitary user is allowed access to the 'new' online store?

Message 1 of 72
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Wine_Master, @vickyaustin, @Eyesoftheworld and thread! 🎉 

I'm pleased to announce that we now have the ability to grant team members access to the Square Online, without providing full access:

I know this was a long awaited feature request, so I'm happy to announce it's here! Let me know if you have any questions about this 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

I would like a clarification -- I would like to hire someone outside our company to set-up new weebly/square online store. Of course I do not wish to give them full access to our square account. Can this be done?

Message 22 of 72
Beta Member

No, this cannot be done. We are all frustrated by this and have been asking for the defined permissions for months. 

Message 23 of 72

It looks like this has been said many times in this thread, but I am also having a problem with granting access to managing our online store. I've hired a person to manage our online store, but I do not want to give the new employee admin access. I do not feel like they need to have the ability to make changes in payroll or to be able to access other employees personal information or be able to access to dozens of other things that they would have the ability to view and change as an admin. Is this getting closer to being fixed?

Message 24 of 72
Beta Member

Is there not a way to have team members log into the Online Store without giving them full access? I want to have my employees work from home while we're having to close for Covid and updating the website would be perfect! But in the Team Members area for Role Permissions the only way to allow them to log into this is to give them Full Access to Square???

Message 25 of 72
Admin

Hi @HauntedBookShop. I moved your question to this thread so you can see @isabelle's Best Answer. Right now, anyone who wants access to the Online Store does need to have full access in their Team Permissions. I know that's not ideal, but we're looking at better integration options between Team Permissions and the Online Store so that you don't have to give that full access.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 26 of 72

Hello,

I have the same issue. I have relatively new employee that needs to be able work on our new online store (enabled due to Covid-19). I'm not ready to give them "full access" and don't understand why I should have to. I see you've made an exception for others and would appreciate the same for us.

Thank you,

Matt

Message 27 of 72
Admin

Hey @Mattj958-

Thanks for reaching out in the Seller Community.

Those team members who were granted access to the Square Online Store previously by us, were all admins. We made no exceptions in that regard. It was something we were temporarily doing, until the full Online Store grant access feature was launched. 

At this time, if you want your employee or team member to have access to the Square Online Store, they will have to be granted full access:

In the future, perhaps we'll have a feature that just allows you to provide certain team members with the Online Store access permission, without providing full access.

If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to our Support Team directly. We appreciate your insight on this! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 28 of 72
Super Seller Alumni

Seriously?  I have to allow FULL ACCESS to my Square account for a brand new employee so that they can help a customer cancel an online order?  It doesn't seem like a smart business practice to me.

Message 29 of 72
Admin

Hey @sciabica1936-

We know this isn't ideal. We're still developing Square Online Store team permissions, and will definitely post an update in this thread when we have one. Really sorry about any inconvenience this has caused. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 30 of 72

Hi @isabelle - is there an update on this? We desperately need to allow other employees to access the Online Store, but I can't have them with Full Access which would let them see all employee salaries and other sensitive information. When will this be updated?? 

Message 31 of 72
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Liz_Madsen - thanks for checking in on this thread. Employee permissions and specific access is still in the works. We will continue to update everyone here on this thread as we have more information to share.

We appreciate you hanging in!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 32 of 72

Hello @vickyaustin.

Thanks for reaching out. We understand that providing limited access to employees is important when managing a business. At this time, if you want your employee or team member to have access to the Square Online Store, they will have to be granted full access. We continue to explore our options to better our integration process. In the meantime, I've moved your question to this thread so you can see some of our Best Answers regarding the same topic.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 33 of 72
Beta Member

Need to give one of my staff members a laptop and allow him to pull online orders that need to be shipped and print shipping labels - BUT - I don't want him having access to my online store sales information. 

This has to be possible, right?  Help me figure this out. 

Message 34 of 72
Alumni

Hey @vickyaustin -  giving your staff members permission to access Online Store tools requires them to have full access and visibility into everything - including reports, transfers and bank info. 

The Online Store permission is an all or nothing permission, unfortunately. 

Justin
Message 35 of 72
Beta Member

I understand that - I'd like it changed.  We should be able to give staff who are only doing shipping, access to only the elements they need to complete that task. 

Message 36 of 72
Alumni

@vickyaustin

Gotcha. Well I can't flip a switch on the backend to change that permission for you today but I'm definitely happy to pass your feedback up to the Online Store Product Team to make that permission more granular and customizable.

Thanks for posting!  

Justin
Message 37 of 72

This HAS to be changed.  I cannot give my employees full access just to update the web site.  They have no business being in the Team data or Timecard data.  Please change ASAP...especially now that we're doing more with the online store due to COVID-19 restrictions.

It is totally unethical to have employee payroll information available to employees.

Message 38 of 72

@ldunwoody I hear you. We are trying our best to help our sellers with this process. Your feedback is very helpful to our product team. We will make sure to notify you of any updates. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 39 of 72
Beta Member

I am in full agreement with many users on here: I need to have people able to add/edit items on the online store without getting access to payroll information, etc.  This is a HUGE issue as we move things more and more online. Right now I just have to hope they don't go digging? Please do whatever you can to prioritize this functionality. Thank you.

Message 40 of 72

Thanks for adding your voice here, @kargigogo - we hear you. The new reliance on Online Transactions in wake of Covid impacts has helped us re-prioritize feature such as this, and we can definitely understand how security for employees is a beneficial feature for everyone.

While I don't have an accurate timeline to share on this feature just yet, we will continue to update those on this thread with new and relevant updates as we come to know them. In the meantime, we appreciate your continued patience!

Joe
Message 41 of 72
Beta Member

It seems like every other feature is independent from full access, it's unclear to many of us why this one specifically is linked to requiring full access. 

I can't take a day off until this is fixed because of shipments, etc. This is really frustrating for us. This should be moved to the top of the list. 

Also, a note on the Order screen in Weebly - every time I filter (say to "pending"), click on an order and then hit any kind of return to the previous screen (back arrow, etc). It comes up with an oops screen to where I have to refresh and refilter the list - super annoying and time-consuming.

Message 42 of 72