x

How can I give my employees/team members access to my Square Online site?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store Access for Multiple Users]

Ever since Square migrated our online store to the Weebly platform, only one single user account has access to it, which happens to be the owner's account (and whom doesn't do any of the online store work). We didn't have this issue before because anyone given 'admin' rights to our Square store had access to update and publish things in the Online Store as well.

Now when anyone other than the owner account tries to access the online store, you get a 'permissions error'. We'd be happy to change the permissions settings if such a setting exists?

Ticket opened with Square, but no solution yet. Can't believe necessary access is revoked with zero forewarning of such critical changes. 

Do other online store users have this same limitation where only one, solitary user is allowed access to the 'new' online store?

Message 1 of 72
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Wine_Master, @vickyaustin, @Eyesoftheworld and thread! 🎉 

I'm pleased to announce that we now have the ability to grant team members access to the Square Online, without providing full access:

I know this was a long awaited feature request, so I'm happy to announce it's here! Let me know if you have any questions about this 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

Hi! Any updates on this feature? Still causing lots of us trouble. @Joe 

Message 43 of 72
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kargigogo thank you for leaving your feedback and I'm sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. In regards to your error status when filtering your orders, this sounds like a bug that Weebly Engineering should take a closer look at. Please contact them ASAP to have them review the error.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 44 of 72
Beta Member

Justin, where in the pipeline is this feature request?  This is creating a huge bottleneck for our company. It's been a known issue for months. Is someone working on it?  

Communication is key in terms of these requests.  Right now, it seems these go into the ether and we are patted on the head and told we'll get it when we get it. 

There are other features that have been implemented that are not nearly as mission critical.  I'm literally the only person who can do many of the tasks in my company because I do not want staff having access to all of the company financials and banking information. 

Your responses are not satisfactory - I need an ETA. 

Message 45 of 72

How can I give permissions to employee so they can access and post to the online Weebly store without them having access to all my business information?

Message 46 of 72
Alumni

Using Team Plus, enable the Online Store permission under the employee role but this will give them full access to everything like biz info and reports. The online Store permission is an all-or-nothing feature. 

@Eyesoftheworld

Justin
Message 47 of 72
Beta Member

@JustinC @Eyesoftheworld  So essentially you can't give them access to the online store without giving them access to all your business info. It's problematic and I've been raising this issue since March and nothing has changed. 

Message 48 of 72

This is really a big issue for me.  An employee would see all my numbers?  Doesn't make sense!

They don't realize all the expenses that go into running a store.  Sounds like I am not alone in wanting this fixed!  I have spent a lot of time and money using Square/Weebly but this is going to be a deal breaker for me.  What is the ETA of getting this fixed? 

Message 49 of 72
Beta Member

It's my number one issue right now and the only answers I get are "we've passed it on to the team". There's no database we can see with all of the requests, no timeline, and they skate around the issue instead of giving solid answers. It's frustrating, especially given I've been on to them about this since March/April. Welcome to the club. 

Message 50 of 72

Is Online Story only permissions still a work in progress? I would like to give access to my designer but not access to our sales etc. I see there is a place to hire a designer, but to invite your own designer would also be really beneficial.

Tags (1)
Message 51 of 72

Hi @Mbc1! I've merged your post with an existing thread that helps address this, but, yes, we are still tracking feature requests for this. In order for any one of your employees to have access to edit your online store they will need to have administrator permissions enabled. 

In the meantime, I will continue to bubble up any and all feedback for this feature request. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 52 of 72

How do i add someone to edit the site with limited access to the weebly platform

Message 53 of 72
Alumni

While it isn't currently possible to allow someone limited access to the editing capabilites for your website, this is a request that we've heard from others. At this time, only team members who have Full Access applied to their role will be able to edit the Square Online Store.

I've gone ahead and moved your post over to this thread where we've seen this feature request, so that you will receive a notification if we post any further updates here, @Zak1.

Valentina
Message 54 of 72
Beta Member

Join the club. We've been asking for this for months! No visible progress on this front.

I am currently locked to my business 7 days a week because I'm the only one that can do many things that I should be able to delegate. But they haven't added permissions and partitions on data to make this possible. 

Message 55 of 72

That’s my problem too..am working on it all the time...it does get a little tiring and monotonous as new people would have new ideas too

Message 56 of 72

Hi there, @vickyaustin - we hear you, here. We can confirm that we are currently making progress on this front in terms of development with our Online Store Product Teams. As soon as we have solidified news to share, we will bounce back here and update this thread accordinly.

We really appreciate your patience! 

Joe
Message 57 of 72

I have a storefront, use Square & made an online store that needs constant updates and changes. I need to assign a staff member without giving them full access to all of the dashboard. I can't be the only store owner with this problem. The entire point of choosing Square was to have an online store & POS that are synced. I need to not be the only person editing the website. Is there anyway to turn off the permissions from full access?

Message 58 of 72
Alumni

Hi @ramie! You're right, you're not the only Seller looking for stricter permissions with the Online Store, but currently giving team members permission will also give them full access into everything. 

We're working to iron this kink out. For now, I've lumped your post with a relevant thread so we can easily find you when there's news to share.

Justin
Message 59 of 72
Beta Member

@ramie, This was raised at least 5 months ago as a critical business need. Don't hold your breath. 

Message 60 of 72

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: IN STORE PICKUP ORDERS

Hello, I am hoping for some help. When a customer is placing an online order for pickup in my online store, the order is received via email, and only the customer's email is displayed. This is very inconvenient, and unprofessional, to then have to email the customer back to ask them to provide their name and phone number so we can process the order for which they have just paid for!! 

As an administrator, I can access this information through the dashboard, however, other employees receiving the orders would not have access to the dashboard, and therefore must email the customer to ask for the above information.   

Image purchasing a product on Amazon, only form them to email you an ask you for your name and phone number because, "I know you just purchased something from us, but our staff has no idea who you are, so can you provide that information"? I can tell you that would not fly at all.

Since this does not happen when a customer places an order for delivery, I am sure there must be a way for that to show up on instore pickup orders? Although the customer service person I spoke with at the call center was lovely, I can not accept the answer of there is nothing you can do to fix this???

Thank you

Message 61 of 72

hamitup51
IN-STORE PICKUP ORDERS

Hello, I am hoping for some help. When a customer is placing an online order for pickup in my online store, the order is received via email, and only the customer's email is displayed. This is very inconvenient, and unprofessional, to then have to email the customer back to ask them to provide their name and phone number so we can process the order for which they have just paid for!! 

As an administrator, I can access this information through the dashboard, however, other employees receiving the orders would not have access to the dashboard, and therefore must email the customer to ask for the above information.   

Image purchasing a product on Amazon, only for them to email you an ask you for your name and phone number because, "I know you just purchased something from us, but our staff has no idea who you are, so can you provide that information"? I can tell you that would not fly at all.

Since this does not happen when a customer places an order for delivery, I am sure there must be a way for that to show up on instore pickup orders? Although the customer service person I spoke with at the call center was lovely, I can not accept the answer of there is nothing you can do to fix this???

Thank you

Message 62 of 72
Alumni

@hamitup51

Currently this is a feature request as CS already mentioned. If employees are managing orders as well, grant them the Online Store permission in Dashboard using Team Plus.   

The only caveat is they will be given full access when the Online Store permission is enabled. 

Justin
Message 63 of 72