x
Highlighted

Re: login permissions for weebly

Hi @Isabelle_ - is there an update on this? We desperately need to allow other employees to access the Online Store, but I can't have them with Full Access which would let them see all employee salaries and other sensitive information. When will this be updated?? 

Message 21 of 39
Highlighted
Admin

Hi there, @Liz_Madsen - thanks for checking in on this thread. Employee permissions and specific access is still in the works. We will continue to update everyone here on this thread as we have more information to share.

We appreciate you hanging in!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 39
Highlighted
Community Team

Hello @vickyaustin.

Thanks for reaching out. We understand that providing limited access to employees is important when managing a business. At this time, if you want your employee or team member to have access to the Square Online Store, they will have to be granted full access. We continue to explore our options to better our integration process. In the meantime, I've moved your question to this thread so you can see some of our Best Answers regarding the same topic.

Sayra
Message 23 of 39
Highlighted
Beta Member

ONLINE STORE :: Limited User Access for Shipping Department

Need to give one of my staff members a laptop and allow him to pull online orders that need to be shipped and print shipping labels - BUT - I don't want him having access to my online store sales information. 

This has to be possible, right?  Help me figure this out. 

Message 24 of 39
Highlighted
Admin

Re: ONLINE STORE :: Limited User Access for Shipping Department

Hey @vickyaustin -  giving your staff members permission to access Online Store tools requires them to have full access and visibility into everything - including reports, transfers and bank info. 

The Online Store permission is an all or nothing permission, unfortunately. 

Justin
Message 25 of 39
Highlighted
Beta Member

I understand that - I'd like it changed.  We should be able to give staff who are only doing shipping, access to only the elements they need to complete that task. 

Message 26 of 39
Highlighted
Admin

@vickyaustin

Gotcha. Well I can't flip a switch on the backend to change that permission for you today but I'm definitely happy to pass your feedback up to the Online Store Product Team to make that permission more granular and customizable.

Thanks for posting!  

Justin
Message 27 of 39
Highlighted

This HAS to be changed.  I cannot give my employees full access just to update the web site.  They have no business being in the Team data or Timecard data.  Please change ASAP...especially now that we're doing more with the online store due to COVID-19 restrictions.

It is totally unethical to have employee payroll information available to employees.

Message 28 of 39
Highlighted
Community Team

@ldunwoody I hear you. We are trying our best to help our sellers with this process. Your feedback is very helpful to our product team. We will make sure to notify you of any updates. 

Sayra
Message 29 of 39
Highlighted

I am in full agreement with many users on here: I need to have people able to add/edit items on the online store without getting access to payroll information, etc.  This is a HUGE issue as we move things more and more online. Right now I just have to hope they don't go digging? Please do whatever you can to prioritize this functionality. Thank you.

Message 30 of 39