x
Highlighted
Admin

Re: ONLINE STORE :: Limited User Access for Shipping Department

Thanks for adding your voice here, @kargigogo - we hear you. The new reliance on Online Transactions in wake of Covid impacts has helped us re-prioritize feature such as this, and we can definitely understand how security for employees is a beneficial feature for everyone.

While I don't have an accurate timeline to share on this feature just yet, we will continue to update those on this thread with new and relevant updates as we come to know them. In the meantime, we appreciate your continued patience!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 31 of 39
Highlighted
Beta Member

It seems like every other feature is independent from full access, it's unclear to many of us why this one specifically is linked to requiring full access. 

I can't take a day off until this is fixed because of shipments, etc. This is really frustrating for us. This should be moved to the top of the list. 

Also, a note on the Order screen in Weebly - every time I filter (say to "pending"), click on an order and then hit any kind of return to the previous screen (back arrow, etc). It comes up with an oops screen to where I have to refresh and refilter the list - super annoying and time-consuming.

Message 32 of 39
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @kargigogo thank you for leaving your feedback and I'm sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. In regards to your error status when filtering your orders, this sounds like a bug that Weebly Engineering should take a closer look at. Please contact them ASAP to have them review the error.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 33 of 39
Highlighted
Beta Member

Justin, where in the pipeline is this feature request?  This is creating a huge bottleneck for our company. It's been a known issue for months. Is someone working on it?  

Communication is key in terms of these requests.  Right now, it seems these go into the ether and we are patted on the head and told we'll get it when we get it. 

There are other features that have been implemented that are not nearly as mission critical.  I'm literally the only person who can do many of the tasks in my company because I do not want staff having access to all of the company financials and banking information. 

Your responses are not satisfactory - I need an ETA. 

Message 34 of 39
Highlighted

How can I give my employees/team members access to my Square Online Store?

How can I give permissions to employee so they can access and post to the online Weebly store without them having access to all my business information?

Message 35 of 39
Highlighted
Admin

Re: How can I give my employees/team members access to my Square Online Store?

Using Team Plus, enable the Online Store permission under the employee role but this will give them full access to everything like biz info and reports. The online Store permission is an all-or-nothing feature. 

@Eyesoftheworld

Message 36 of 39
Highlighted
Beta Member

@JustinC @Eyesoftheworld  So essentially you can't give them access to the online store without giving them access to all your business info. It's problematic and I've been raising this issue since March and nothing has changed. 

Message 37 of 39
Highlighted

This is really a big issue for me.  An employee would see all my numbers?  Doesn't make sense!

They don't realize all the expenses that go into running a store.  Sounds like I am not alone in wanting this fixed!  I have spent a lot of time and money using Square/Weebly but this is going to be a deal breaker for me.  What is the ETA of getting this fixed? 

Message 38 of 39
Highlighted
Beta Member

It's my number one issue right now and the only answers I get are "we've passed it on to the team". There's no database we can see with all of the requests, no timeline, and they skate around the issue instead of giving solid answers. It's frustrating, especially given I've been on to them about this since March/April. Welcome to the club. 

Message 39 of 39