x

How do I switch my Square Online site template?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Customize action button text for Featured Items in online store?

How can I change the text of the action button to be something other than the default text of "Shop Now?"

Message 1 of 91
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

You should be able to switch templates, and the text within this button will be different depending on which template you're using, @umamikushi! It sounds like you're currently using the Shop All template, but you may want to use the Order Online template instead.

To switch templates, you'll start by heading over to your online store editor (Square Online overview > Website > Edit Site). Click the Pages drop-down in top left-hand corner, find the Category Pages section, click the three dots, then select Switch template.

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 12.06.38 PM.png

Once here, you'll be able to switch between Shop All and Order Online. It's currently not possible to edit the text displayed on this button. See below for a screenshot including the descriptions of these two templates. Please let us know here if you have any other questions about this!

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 12.05.03 PM.png

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 91
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @TaniaClear - sorry to hear your frustration. There are only two different layouts to choose from - Shop All and Online Ordering. Hopefully we implement more options down the road.

In the meantime, I moved your post to a thread that walks through changing the layout.

Justin

View Best Answer >

Message 81 of 91
90 REPLIES 90
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Amanda_Bierock Can you try adding a new page from the dropdown in the top left corner of the editor? 

Choose the Shop option, then you should see a popup that will allow you to choose the Order Online template. 

Once you've selected the option you should be able to view your categories, and setup the Time Based Categories feature. 

Message 22 of 91

Hi Valentina,

When I click the online store editor and go to Categories, the option for Order Online or Shop All does not appear.  It only says Category Pages and nothing else.  It also will not let me add a Category page in the drop down.  It is completely grayed out.  Any suggestions for adding Category Pages?

Message 23 of 91

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 7.58.14 AM.pngHi, I'm trying to switch templates also, but I don't see where the category pages are....the only place I see categories is grayed out.

Message 24 of 91

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Re: Using square for online restaurant pickup

Follow up.  While I do see now where to change fullfillment to pickup, the options under 'Items->Settings->Dining options' are not.

This may be answered in another post I wrote that disappeared of the board about changing themes.  I chose retail, but now want to change to a restaurant theme.

Message 25 of 91
Alumni

Hi @jmarcv - I've moved your post over to a thread where you can find the steps you'll want to follow to switch templates in your online store. Please let us know if you still have any questions about this!

Valentina
Message 26 of 91

I just purchased my online store and mistakenly chose a restaurant template... how do I change??

Message 27 of 91
Admin

Hey @BirdseedLaura!

Please take a look at the best answer in this thread to see if that resolves your issue. Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 28 of 91

Hi How do I change my store template. I want to find and use a template already made so I can edit it. Where can I find them? Help.

Message 29 of 91
Admin

Hi @SamSam2020-

Please take a look at the best answer in this thread to see if that resolves your issue. Let me know! 🌸

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 30 of 91

I need to know how to change my website theme in my weebly dashboard

Message 31 of 91
Admin

Hey @holydrip12! Are you talking about the templates?

If you head to Edit Website from your Weebly Dashboard, you'll see a section on the left hand side of the screen that appears called Category pages. Underneath that section it will either say "Shop All" or "Order Online" which are the two templates you can choose from. Click the 3 dots next to whichever verbiage is shown there and you'll see the option to Switch template.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 32 of 91

On the Weebly site, there are loads of templates, which seem to be un-selectable. I can also not find a way within the online store dashboard to change the theme of the site. Is there really only this very basic theme with Square/Weebly, or am I missing how to do this?

Thanks!

Rich 

Message 33 of 91
Admin

Hi @Rich_R- There are only a few templates to choose from so I don't think you're missing anything!

You can check out the steps I listed above to make certain that you're looking in the right spot. Let us know if you have other questions!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 34 of 91

Hi Nika_S - why am I not able to choose from the many templates that are offered on Weebly?  Only two show available with Square.  Is this because it's through Square?  If so, I'm likely going to have to move onto another option outside of Weebly. It's been frustrating and not so easy to navigate and build despite the good reviews. 

Message 35 of 91
Admin

Sorry for the frustration @CocoLaguna. But yes, there's only two to choose from at this time. I'm happy to pass your feedback along and let the team know that you'd like some more options.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 36 of 91

I have just followed your steps and cannot locate it anywhere to change my theme. Is there anywhere else I can look?

I also find it frustrating that I cannot change themes.

Message 37 of 91
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Pui

Once you log into your Square Online Store editor of your website, you should see an button on the top right corner that says Edit Website > Themes (take a look at the pictures below). If you are not seeing these options, please let me know. I'd be happy to look into this further. 

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 12.01.56 PM.png

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 38 of 91

I can't find the themes either. The second image is not on the square weebly site, no header like that 

Message 39 of 91

Hi thanks for getting back to me.

Here is what I see on my screen. I do not see an option for selecting Themes. When I click onto Edit website, it takes me to edit my website.

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 16.02.11.png

Message 40 of 91
Alumni

If you aren't seeing anything resembling the second screenshot provided above by @sayra, it sounds like you've created a Square Online Store through your Square Dashboard, @Pui.

In your case, you will want to reference this thread to switch the template you're using. You'll be able to choose between the Shop All and Order Online templates here. I hope this helps!

Valentina
Message 41 of 91

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Are you saying that I cannot change themes because I am set up with Square?

Message 42 of 91