x
Highlighted

How do I switch my online store template?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Customize action button text for Featured Items in online store?

How can I change the text of the action button to be something other than the default text of "Shop Now?"

Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Customize action button text for Featured Items in online store?

Best Answer

You should be able to switch templates, and the text within this button will be different depending on which template you're using, @umamikushi! It sounds like you're currently using the Shop Now template, but you may want to use the Order Now template instead.

To switch templates, you'll start by heading over to your online store editor. Click the Pages drop-down in top left-hand corner, find the Shop All/Order Now section, click the three dots, then select Switch Template.

Once here, you'll be able to switch between Shop All and Order Now. It's currently not possible to edit the text displayed on this button. See below for a screenshot including the descriptions of these two templates. Please let us know here if you have any other questions about this!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Customize action button text for Featured Items in online store?

Best Answer

You should be able to switch templates, and the text within this button will be different depending on which template you're using, @umamikushi! It sounds like you're currently using the Shop Now template, but you may want to use the Order Now template instead.

To switch templates, you'll start by heading over to your online store editor. Click the Pages drop-down in top left-hand corner, find the Shop All/Order Now section, click the three dots, then select Switch Template.

Once here, you'll be able to switch between Shop All and Order Now. It's currently not possible to edit the text displayed on this button. See below for a screenshot including the descriptions of these two templates. Please let us know here if you have any other questions about this!

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 28
Highlighted

Any way to change the original design I selected for my website?

I'm using the site editor to build my website for ecommerce. I selected a design template and now am not sure I like it as I am very limited across the board. Any way to change to another without starting from scratch?

Message 3 of 28
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Any way to change the original design I selected for my website?

Hey @littlelocallove-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

You can switch your Online Store template if you'd like. Take a look at the best answer in this thread for instructions on how to do so. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

Isabelle
Message 4 of 28
Highlighted

Re: Using square for online restaurant pickup

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Re: Using square for online restaurant pickup

Follow up.  While I do see now where to change fullfillment to pickup, the options under 'Items->Settings->Dining options' are not.

This may be answered in another post I wrote that disappeared of the board about changing themes.  I chose retail, but now want to change to a restaurant theme.

Message 5 of 28
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Using square for online restaurant pickup

Hi @jmarcv - I've moved your post over to a thread where you can find the steps you'll want to follow to switch templates in your online store. Please let us know if you still have any questions about this!

Valentina
Message 6 of 28
Highlighted

Changing Store Template

I just purchased my online store and mistakenly chose a restaurant template... how do I change??

Message 7 of 28
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Changing Store Template

Hey @BirdseedLaura!

Please take a look at the best answer in this thread to see if that resolves your issue. Let me know! 

Isabelle
Message 8 of 28
Highlighted

TEMPLATE

Hi How do I change my store template. I want to find and use a template already made so I can edit it. Where can I find them? Help.

Message 9 of 28
Highlighted
Admin

Re: TEMPLATE

Hi @SamSam2020-

Please take a look at the best answer in this thread to see if that resolves your issue. Let me know! 🌸

Isabelle
Message 10 of 28