x

How do I switch my Square Online site template?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Customize action button text for Featured Items in online store?

How can I change the text of the action button to be something other than the default text of "Shop Now?"

Message 1 of 91
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

You should be able to switch templates, and the text within this button will be different depending on which template you're using, @umamikushi! It sounds like you're currently using the Shop All template, but you may want to use the Order Online template instead.

To switch templates, you'll start by heading over to your online store editor (Square Online overview > Website > Edit Site). Click the Pages drop-down in top left-hand corner, find the Category Pages section, click the three dots, then select Switch template.

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 12.06.38 PM.png

Once here, you'll be able to switch between Shop All and Order Online. It's currently not possible to edit the text displayed on this button. See below for a screenshot including the descriptions of these two templates. Please let us know here if you have any other questions about this!

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 12.05.03 PM.png

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 91
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @TaniaClear - sorry to hear your frustration. There are only two different layouts to choose from - Shop All and Online Ordering. Hopefully we implement more options down the road.

In the meantime, I moved your post to a thread that walks through changing the layout.

Justin

View Best Answer >

Message 81 of 91
90 REPLIES 90
Admin

Hey @Pui-

What she means is that if you've already set up a Square Online Store, and would like to adjust the theme, you'll need to reference this thread. 

Otherwise, you'd only see the ability to select a theme when you're first creating your Square Online Store. Does that make sense? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 43 of 91

I went to adjust the theme but when I selected the other theme my website stayed the same.

Message 44 of 91
Admin

Please contact us so we can look into this for you @Pui

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 45 of 91

I'm having the same issue locating different themes for my website.

Message 46 of 91
Beta Member

I do not see the Theme option on my site. It is a paid site and all I have is the Edit Site button. How do I change the theme?

Message 47 of 91
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @soapbubbles

Welcome back to the Community. 

Once you click the Edit Site - do you see something similar to Valentina's Best Answer? 

Or do you see something a little different? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 48 of 91
Beta Member

I only have an edit button with no other options. I created my site using square up. If I had been told I would have fewer options than creating it directly through Weebly I would have chosen that. I'm really confused as to why I have a Weebly site that doesn't function like a Weebly site.

Message 49 of 91

HI, Square obtained Weebly 2018 and are one platform.  Several options and features that were available for Weebly were discontinued.  

I have used BigCommerce, Shopify, Wix, PappaShop and many other platforms.  This, by far, is the easiest platform and offers so many options and features all for free!  Many more paid features and options are available as your business grows.  

Best advice, add pages, add sections, add stories, add galleries and click on every down arrow and 3 little dots you can find.  All the features are easily found within drop down options.  Square has broken down the features into little bits for easier navigation and creative control.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 50 of 91

Sayra.. does one need a paid plan to change themes... i have the free plan and the resulting website looks disqusting... 

Message 51 of 91

my website doesn't have themes to change please advise 

Jada Oneill
Message 52 of 91
Alumni

Are you saying that you aren't seeing this option when you follow the directions outlined in the Best Answer?

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 12.05.03 PM.png

Let me know if this is what you aren't seeing, or if you are referring to something else.
Thanks, @Jadaoneill!

Valentina
Message 53 of 91

I would like to change the boring default of weebly, but cannot find where is that button or menu, I upgraded to professional account still no luck. Very frustrating

Message 54 of 91

Hi @craftblvd and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been answered already on how to change your template.

Check out the Best Answer for details/steps on how to and what options you have.

Ashley C
Message 55 of 91

I LIKE SQUARE FOR THE FUTURE THEY FOR MAKING IT EASY FOR ME TO KEEP UP WITH MY INVENTORIES. BUT THE WEBSITE IS VERY DIFFICULT TO USE. IM ASKING WILL SQUARE ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO EDIT THEIR OWN TEMPLETS IN THE FUTURE RATHER THEN THE PRE MADE TEMPLETS THEY OFFER MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO. CUSTOMIZE AS I PLEASEE.

Message 56 of 91

So if Square is associated with Weebly, why aren't there many options for customizations, even with a paid plan, besides the basic customizations (fonts, basic colors, etc)? 

I don't want to change my template because I want the online store functions, but rather I want to know if there are other options to customize the theme of your online store website besides just the basics/ what's given to you when you use the online store template. 

Tags (1)
Message 57 of 91

@LovelyHlub hello! This is a great question, but unfortunately one that I don't have a direct answer to. Just know that this is a feature request we are tracking. I've merged your post to an existing thread that will allow us to keep all the feedback in one place. 

AshleyK
Message 58 of 91

I created a Weebly account considering making it a shop for my online business, but I feel like for now I would do better with a general website and not a "sales" type of site. Is there any way to change this once its already been created that way?

Message 59 of 91
Admin

Hey @Jessica29-

I moved your question to this thread which should help answer your question. Let us know if not!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 60 of 91

Ive been trying to add a navigation button of a category but every time I try to do so the “Category” part doesn’t come up anymore. About a month ago I was able to do this with 3 other Categories but now I can. I went on to read some a instructions and they say I should see a Shop All in my editing pages area and all see is items not categories. Any help?

Message 61 of 91
Alumni

I think this is what you're looking for, @omartout

I moved your post here so you can take a look at the Best Answer where I explained how to change the template for your Online Store - this is where you'll see the option to switch to the Shop All template. If you still have questions, let me know and we can dig in a bit more. 

Valentina
Message 62 of 91

Thank you, I still don’t see anything on my end when I follow those steps, I have attached a screen shot of what I see and Ill show you what I am trying to add in the Navigation and “Add by Category” doesn’t show up anymore. I used to be able to add a navigation link as a category now it doesn’t show up. Let me know what you think.

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 10.14.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-06 at 10.17.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-06 at 10.17.06 AM.png

Message 63 of 91