x

Square Online: How do we include our GST number on printed receipts for online orders?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: GST on Online Order Receipt

How do we create a printed receipt for online orders that include our GST number? 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

I'm sure this will be corrected soon because the Square team is awesome. 

But in the meantime, to hand this, we put our GST number in the notes to the customer that they see when they place their order. It's certainly not perfect, but it works.

Online store > setup > pickup and delivery > turn on pick-up > click "edit location" > scroll down to "pick-up settings" and then click edit to add the GST number.

Another work around we have is to put a printed copy of the receipt generated from our square stand. 

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mycelyum,

By GST you're talking about the tax identification number?

I don't believe there's a way to add this to receipts for online orders.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11

Sorry, I had created to conversation streams. I responded to the your comments thinking you were talking about the shipping question. 

We are just just trying to figure out how to add the GST because it is a requirement of sales receipts and invoices in Canada.

If itโ€™s not possible on Squareup, it will be hard for us to use the Squareup online store to sell in Canada. 

Message 3 of 11

@mycelyum hmm I know this is something you can add on your regular Point of Sale digital receipts under the custom text box but let me check in with Weebly and see how it works with their Online Store receipts. 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 11

@mycelyum I checked in with Weebly and they said it should show GST on order confirmation emails although it may just call it โ€œtaxโ€ and not โ€œGSTโ€.

Ashley C
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for looking into it! 

In Canada, whenever products are sold to a business, the GST or HST # needs to be on the receipt because that is how the business claims a credit for the tax when they file their business income taxes.

Because no one ever knows what they are selling will be claimed as a business expense (eg. purchases could be gifts, supplies, etc), companies generally put their GST and/or HST numbers on all the receipts to cover all the bases. 

This just seems like a significant oversight. ๐Ÿ˜•

Message 6 of 11

I can step in and wrap up for Ashley here, @mycelyum. We were happy to look into it for you!

I understand that this can definitely feel like a missing piece in regards to Online Ordering, so in the vein, I am happy to pass your feedback along to our Product Teams for visibility and formal logging as a Feature Request.

Should any changes come down the pipeline, we will bounce back and notify you here. Thanks again!

Joe
Message 7 of 11

Thanks Joe! I appreciate you passing on my feedback!

Message 8 of 11
Beta Member

Best Answer

I'm sure this will be corrected soon because the Square team is awesome. 

But in the meantime, to hand this, we put our GST number in the notes to the customer that they see when they place their order. It's certainly not perfect, but it works.

Online store > setup > pickup and delivery > turn on pick-up > click "edit location" > scroll down to "pick-up settings" and then click edit to add the GST number.

Another work around we have is to put a printed copy of the receipt generated from our square stand. 

Message 9 of 11

Hey @MonicasAttic ,

Thanks for the tip! I added it to our phone number field for all our shipped orders, so that should work!

Cheers!

Message 10 of 11
Beta Member

You can always edit the email templates for your online store to include a line for GST number. 

Message 11 of 11