x
Highlighted
Admin

Re: It seems that if we are simply using Square POS for our n...

Great question, @LucabeCoffeeCo ! Yes, you'll need to set up a Square Online Store. We make this really quick for you to get started, though. If you click the "Online Store" link in your Square Dashboard, we'll walk you through a lot of this. Your items will sync over, so a lot of it will get set up automatically for you. 

Once you've gone through all of the basic setup we walk you through, see our in-store pickup article for setting up pickup and turning on the curbside option.

Adam
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 103
Highlighted

mash

Hi @adamsmasher, I went online and started setting up a Square Online Store, thinking i could link to it or integrate it into my existing Wix website, but I don't see an option for that anywhere.  Literally spent 3 hours this evening building out menus and pictures and categorizing, and now it won't work... I'm not just going to throw away my existing website.  Do you have any solutions?  I'm happy to add a redirect link from my homepage to it, but not going to reassign my domain name...

Message 22 of 103
Highlighted
Square

Re: mash

@LucabeCoffeeCo You can publish your Square Online Store at a personalized square.site subdomain name for free. For example, you could likely get lucabecoffeeco.square.site - then just link a button on your Wix site for "online ordering" to your Square Online Store ordering site.

What some sellers with existing sites do who want their Square Online Store to appear under their custom domain is to set up a subdomain (like order.yoursite.com), and publish their Square Online Store to that subdomain. There are instructions for how to do that in this article on how to use a custom subdomain for your online store

Message 23 of 103
Highlighted

Thanks @jmking.  I've tried searching for a way to add an online transaction fee to help offset the very high transaction fee (we're a coffee shop, so 2.9% + $0.30 / transaction is a killer), but I can't find that option anywhere.  I think there is a $0.30-0.50 value in adding a curbside option for us running it out to their car.  

Can you please instruct me on how we can add this in while not simply burying it in the cost of each individual item - which would take forever to implement and be too high for multiple items on a transaction.

Also, looking for a way for the customer to identify the color of their car instead of having them call us - when we have higher volume, calls are impractical.  Can you pass that information onto a transaction somehow?

Thoughts?  I am about ready to launch!

Message 24 of 103
Highlighted

We have done that with our curbside delivery site. It works great. At the end of an order, our customer can write a note (which we prompted with questions) telling us what make, color and type of vehicle they have. 

You can check out our site if you wish. 

https://vibecoffeeetown.square.site/?fbclid=IwAR2dawz4Ja5vOn05DAyyDPhgAKsv1gnMF5tAmRJxN63zzFk0A56MdG...

I did not add an upcharge to orders but I agree, it is rather pricey but I figure I am getting a free website, so consider this a price to pay. 

It all is great when it processes correctly. BUT! We have been up and running for 5 days and it is declining about 70% of our online orders. I was told there were engineers working on it on Monday but have not heard anything more from them. 

Message 25 of 103
Highlighted
Square

@Vibe Unfortunately, I can't think of a good workaround for applying a global surcharge for pickup/curbside orders.

Sometimes what sellers do who want different pricing online versus in-store, is they create a new location in the dashboard called "Online" and use price overrides for that location. Then they associate the Online location with their Online Store.

This doesn't work well if you want to keep tracking inventory in a centralized location, however. It also doesn't work well if you have multiple pickup locations (as you end up having to make clone locations for each pickup location just to do the pricing overrides).

Message 26 of 103
Highlighted

We already have the online store set up, but it is the "current online store" not the "new online store" which i believe is weebly. I am sorry for asking the same question 100x but you are saying we have to switch to the weebly version to allow customers to tip when ordering ? We are a wine bar and do not have the need to use the restaurant system, but the normal Square POS has worked great. People have been able to order bottles of wine togo on our website and come in and pick up, only problem is tipping. Clarifying there is no option to add tipping to the "current online store"

Message 27 of 103
Highlighted
Square

@bodegawinebar That's right - there is no tipping option in the original version of Online Store.

Most Online Store sellers have been invited to migrate to the new Square Online Store. If you visit the online store section of your Square Dashboard, you should see a prompt inviting you to check out the new Square Online store.

It should be a fairly seamless process to switch over, and you can preview the new site and make changes without affecting your current site until you decide to publish. There are more details in the FAQ here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6647-upgrade-your-online-store-faqs

Message 28 of 103
Highlighted

Re: How to Sell Online and Allow for Pickup Orders

Is there a way to list 2 or more locations at the time of checkout so that the customer can select which location they would like to pick up from?   We are a rural farm wanting to set up multiple drop points in the city that could be different depending on the day of the week. Thanks in advance!

Message 29 of 103
Highlighted
Square

Re: How to Sell Online and Allow for Pickup Orders

Yes! As long as you configure each location in the Square Dashboard, they'll become available to enable pickup in Square Online Store. You can even set up which days and times each location is open!

Message 30 of 103