x

Linking directing to a store item while in "Order Online (Restaurant features)" layout

My website category/item layout type is currently set to Shop All (Retail features), which creates individual pages for each item. But I want to switch to the other option of Order Online (Restaurant features), because I like that the items open in popups, however, I am wondering if I will be able to link directly to an item, e.g., I can email someone a link to an item so that, when they click on the link, my site will load and will also load the popup for the specific item I my customer was inquiring about.

If anyone is unsure of exactly what setting I am referring to, I will guide you through the steps I use to get to this setting (which I had to relearn right now as I keep forgetting how to get there as there are way too many navigation paths/options in the Square interface, in my opinion).

From my Square dashboard, I am selecting Online Store and then Website > Edit Site.

From here, using the section/page drop down at the very top-left of the screen (just to the right of the "Exit editor" "X", I am selecting: Category pages > Shop All > Switch template (which load a popup/modal titled "Switch page type"). Now I presented with the options I have described above.

Is it possible to link directly to an item when the layout is set to Order Online (Restaurant features)?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @realrob,

I checked in with our Weebly team on this one and it appears there might be a way to do it automatically.

If you click the dropdown in the top left corner and scroll down you will see the items. Click the three dots to see the direct URL in the Page Settings popup.  Doesn’t look like there’s an easy way to copy/paste, but it’s there.

Let me know if this helps!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2