x
Beta Member

My customer has added a note to seller on checkout, but I can't find it anywhere

She has told me that she added me a note, but I cannot find it anywhere. It does not appear on any of the order confirmations that I can find.

I have attempted to add a note myself. It adds a note if you choose delivery. I then changed to shipping and deleted my note and added a different note. The one that has come up on the order information is the original one that I deleted. 

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Maili, thank you for reaching out! I've tried to do this on my end but wasn't able to re-create the issue. In this case, would you mind giving me a brief outline of all the steps you've taken before entering the note? It might be that I'm not doing it exactly right.

When you enabled the ability for customer to leave a note at checkout, this option should appear regardless of the fulfilment method (Shipping, Pickup or Delivery) under the Review & Submit Order tab.

If a customer has left a note, you should see it under the Notes section on the confirmation email or if you click into the order on your Orders tab, the note will come up underneath the item (like in the screenshot).

Screenshot 2020-08-11 at 16.26.38.png

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

@tranguyen  thank you for replying. My customer selected shipping and input a note at the end. It does not appear on any of the order confirmations anywhere. The title is just not there.

When I tested it I selected delivery, and put in some nonsense for information on how to deliver my item, I went through to the end, but realised I wanted to test shipping. I came out and went back into the basket. I selected shipping and whrn I came to the 'review and submit' page my nonsense comment was already in the box. I changed it to say 'I hope you can see this :-)' Below is a picture of what I got on the order confirmation, this is the nonsense I had originally input. 

Screenshot_20200811_182312.jpg

Somehow the notes are not being saved that are input at the final point before the payment is confirmed.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for sending that on, @Maili! That is definitely quite strange. 

I'm just having a look on my end here and I wasn't able to recreate this either - when I tested it, if I go back, change my fulfilment method and enter a new note, the new note will show up.

In this case, I'd recommend trying it one more time and see if you'd get the same behaviour. If you do, let me know and I can escalate this to our engineering team so they can investigate it further.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4