x
Beta Member

NEW! Square Online: Separate Pickup & Delivery settings

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store Feature Request: Separate Pickup & Delivery settings

Is there any way to select different days and times for delivery separately from pickup? For instance I want customers to be able to arrange for pickup every day, but for delivery I only have someone on staff to do deliveries 2 days a week right now.

Message 1 of 102
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @barkshopbakery and others!

I've got another update on this feature. 

Pickup and Delivery hours have officially been separated:

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 3.15.14 PM.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 61 of 102
101 REPLIES 101
Beta Member

Is there a way to turn off pick up? We only want to do delivery.

Thanks

Message 43 of 102
Alumni

It's currently not possible to offer delivery without also offering pickup, @GrandmaSweet. I've moved your post over to this thread where other sellers have asked about the two being separated. Some of the suggestions and workarounds sprinkled throughout this thread may work for your business, in the meantime. 

One thing that I know has been working for some is creating separate categories for pickup and delivery. You can then create different Pages on your website for each category to keep them separate.

We'll be sure to update this thread when something changes, so stay subscribed to be notified.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 44 of 102

Is there a way to set up separate pickup and delivery hours? I run my business by myself and cannot offer the same hours for pickup and delivery.

Message 45 of 102
Alumni

As of right now, the settings for Pickup & Delivery are one and the same, @xochimilli. There isn't currently a way to post different hours for each, but our Online Store team is aware that this has become a very popular request.

I've moved your post to this thread where others have expressed interest in Pickup and Delivery being treated as separate features. We'll be sure to post any related updates here when we have them, so stay subscribed to be notified.

Valentina
Message 46 of 102
Admin

Hey @barkshopbakery and everyone!

Good news 🎆 We have an update on this feature.

Pickup and delivery are now separate and can be identified during onboarding to Square Online Store. See the images below for further instruction:

Sellers with existing Square Online Stores:

original- (1).gif

Sellers onboarding to Square Online Store for the first time:

original-.gif

***Separate hours for Delivery & Pickup is still a feature request we are working on. I will post in this thread when I have an update on that aspect of this feature. Thanks for your patience.

I hope this is helpful!  Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 47 of 102

WAHOOOOOO!

Way to go Square -- thank you!!

My only question is where is the following section located:

------> How do you plan to fulfill orders?

Message 48 of 102
Beta Member

This is a great step! However, I'm still not seeing a way to pick different days and times available for pickups and deliveries separately. 

Message 49 of 102
Admin

Hey @lali-

Good question! The second image is just for sellers who are onboarding to Square Online Store for the first time.

Otherwise, if you already have an active store, you would refer to the first image and edit Shipping, and Pickup & Delivery settings individually:

@barkshopbakery-

That feature has not launch yet, but I can verify is in the works and likely launching soon. I will update this thread when I hear an update about it! Thanks for resurfacing that original aspect of the request. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 50 of 102

Thank you for this!

Now can I ask that we get the option of separate schedules for pickup vs delivery?

Message 51 of 102

You guys are amazing! Thank you so much, this is exactly what we needed. You're the reason we're able to keep our business going in a time like this.

Message 52 of 102

Hello, 

I don't know if Square realizes this, but most of your food truck vendors have been utilizing pickup and delivery for weeks now. It's a pain to have to change and update the address everyday (sometimes 2x a day if you have a morning and evening event at two separate addresses) because we go to different neighborhoods.

I have checked multiple times, and there does not seem to be an option to create multiple addresses that we can toggle on/off. Are there plans to incorporate this?

Message 53 of 102

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.  At this time there is no way to set it for certain times and days to have delivery and always have pick up.  You must always go in and change the settings when you wish to offer delivery every day manually? 

Message 54 of 102

Hi - this is really helpful....  Is there the same type of functionality for setting up an online checkout link?  We're selling some Gift boxes that won't be shipped, only picked up, but the checkout asks for shipping address info.  Any way to not have that come up when someone checks out on on the link?

Thanks!

Message 55 of 102
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @FlywheelWines - thanks for chiming in here on this thread in the Seller Community!

Helen wrote a helpful Best Answer about removing shipping options for Checkout Links. It should be able to give you some helpful insight here.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Joe
Message 56 of 102

It is really needed to have a weekly delivery software. I have a small business and we are doing weekly deliveries. Order by Tuesday, we deliver on Friday. Having software to cut off the delivery date and time as well as letting the customer know their delivery date would be amazing. Also, a system where customers input there zip code to see if they're eligible for delivery would be perfect. Many other website softwares have it and it is frustrating to not be able to do this. 

Message 57 of 102

I hope they add the future delivery time and date for the deliveries crossing fingers 

Message 58 of 102
Beta Member

Yes!  I want clients to be able to select the in the future for delivery! But not all days have delivery available currently and it would be really nice if we could have clients select from zip codes that we deliver to. Some areas are way easier to get to than others, but are technically farther... We are in Seattle, so ferries become an issue when it is distance based!

Message 59 of 102

Thank you for continually making updates! 
However - as we plan to keep this website going even after the Pandemic is over - we sell a lot of pre-ordered items, we NEED to be able to put release dates on items. 

Also - as the Governor will allow us to offer curbside pickup/delivery starting Friday, we did click the button "Scheduled Pickup" but it's still not giving the customer the option to schedule it like the button says it will. 

Also when searching my Online Inventory - it would be lovely to be able to select "See all hidden" or "see all unavailable" and also be able to sort by category. 

Lastly, as some of our items have a ton of variations - it would be great if customers who want to look through all the variations to be able to click an arrow to browse through the variations and their corresponding pictures instead of just a drop down bar. 
Or at least when clicking on the picture, if it would bring up the name/item it selected within the drop down bar. 

Message 60 of 102
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @barkshopbakery and others!

I've got another update on this feature. 

Pickup and Delivery hours have officially been separated:

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 3.15.14 PM.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 61 of 102
Beta Member

Hi @isabelle 

This is great! Is changing the enabling per item on the "fulfillment" portion going to change too? Separate enabling for pickup and delivery per item? This is the issue we're having, and I'm sure a lot of other people are too.  Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 20.40.00.png

Message 62 of 102
Square Community Moderator

Hi @vickyaustin!

Our Weebly team has been looking over all the feedback/suggestions and there will more than likely be a lot more updates to come.

Keep an eye out here and in your emails for updates as well as your Online Store for when they go live. 

Ashley C
Message 63 of 102