x
Admin

New: Join the Square Online Store Discussion Board

This autumn many Square sellers are taking the plunge and setting up an eCommerce website. Bringing your business online can be challenging so with that in mind, we created the Square Online Store Discussion board. This board is a space where you can share your experiences, ask questions, and discuss all things related to Square Online Store.

Here are some threads to help you get started:

• ๐Ÿ“š Learn how to set up Curbside Pickup and Local Delivery for your business.
  • ๐Ÿš€ Check out our latest feature releases in our Product Updates section and subscribe to be notified as soon as new features are released.
  • ๐Ÿ’š Click Start thread to share your tips and tricks!
  • ๐Ÿ‘€ Review some most viewed posts to find answers to common questions (and answers to tricky questions too).
  • ๐Ÿ‘‰ Donโ€™t see your question? Click Start Thread and we'll make sure you get the resources you need.

We hope this board will help you to get up and running - and weโ€™d love to hear how your site-building is going! Reply below to introduce yourself, share a link to your store or share any resources that helped you build your Online store. Your contributions may help someone else. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

What happened to all the previous posts and requests and suggested features etc that were added to the previous 'Community'?

Are you just setting this up as a way of hiding those? Why separate them?

Message 2 of 6
Admin

Hey @Remi,

These posts haven't gone anywhere, they've just moved into their own category!

We added an Online Store board to conveniently group all Online Store related discussion together in the same place. Given the number of inquiries we've been seeing about Online Store it makes sense to give them their own category so people looking for info about Online Store can find it all in one section. These posts still appear on the community home page and you can now see all Online Store related inquiries in one place ๐Ÿ™‚

Our Seller Community has always had multiple boards / categories and we'll continue to add more as we see a need for it!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

But ... I've needed to replicate the posts in the new forum so they're present on the seemingly preferred platform (by Square/Weebly support). I've searched on this forum, they don't show up.

And so ... it just seems you're making it more difficult/confusing for users to actually post feedback and get comments responded to.

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Hey @Remi,

I can't say I quite understand what you're referring to here. We're actually trying to drive engagement here not hide it! Making a dedicated Online Store category here was done to help users find all the info in the one spot without having to search individually for Online Store related posts under "General Discussion".

Are there any posts about Online Store that were moved to the new Category that you can't find here? Are you referring to something different? eg Support articles, or the Weebly community forum?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Yep. Guessing it's the Weebly forum then.

I can't say I really understand why there'd need to be 2 forums for the same purpose. Whether the intention was to facilitate better engagement is beside the point ... particularly when the majority of official replies are "it's not currently possible, but we'll be sure to think about maybe passing it on to our team, with no timeline"

The decision has led to a doubling up, and therefore dilution, of effective channels of communication between paying customers and the product team.

Message 6 of 6