x

How do I fix the errors appearing when I try to sync Instagram to my Square Online website?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: New Square Online + Facebook Sync

Loving this sync feature with Facebook so that my shoppers can shop on Instagram! I have some questions though. 

When I click on "Shop" on my Facebook page it doesn't list the items. However, when we tag them on Instagram it populates there.

I'm also getting a sync error, it shows under "SquareCatalogSyncDirectUploadXMLFeed"

All my items are affected by this problem: 

A product is missing a field: google_product_category

There are two other errors: no additional photos and description too short, those seem self-explanatory. I can't figure out how to fix the google product category.

The other two problems (in case you want the error)

A product is missing a field: additional_image_link

Field Is Too Short: description

Any advice on how to fix the google_product_category error? Thanks!

Message 1 of 96
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

@jennlynndesign You should find a toggle to disconnect within Website > Facebook > Facebook Account

As for Instagram, Can you try the steps below to disable ? 

1. Go to your business profile in the Instagram app and tap the Gear icon. 
  2. Tap Edit Profile > then tap Contact Options.
  3. Select the word Book (or in your case you might see Shop) on your business profile and delete it.

If you still need help, reach out to CS for a hand. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 55 of 96
Beta Member

Best Answer

Curious if anything that experienced the "SquareCatalogSyncDirectUploadXMLFeed" issue that prevented Instagram product tagging was ever able to get their issue resolved. Reported the issue back in Jan 2021 and still haven't been able to get to the point of tagging products on Instagram. Makes me sick thinking about it.

Would like to hear if anything was able to resolve and can shed any light on what it took to fix this. TY in advance!

View Best Answer >

Message 96 of 96
95 REPLIES 95

Darn, that's a bad scene then... OK - just keep at the help desk and hopefully someone will come back with a fix that works in your situation.

Message 22 of 96

D1C591A4-EDF0-48D3-838A-6C5E6C7B500A.jpeg

I deleted my Facebook shop, then went to weebly and disconnected and completely started over fresh and now have a message that says “not ready” and it’s saying something about micro tags. I’m not tech savvy so don’t know how to fix this issue. I went through all my products and made sure they were all set to “available” then went to my website as a “guest” and browsed through every product as suggested on google, and still not fixed. 

Message 23 of 96
Beta Member

This is that issue everyone is having now. Square or Facebook needs to fix it.

Message 24 of 96

as of today 2/1/2021, squareup has not fixed it yet. This is frustrating. 

Message 25 of 96
Beta Member

This was one of my first issues at the beginning. The workaround was to remove the catalog in business manager and the square app on Facebook page, wait a few minutes and try to reconnect again.

Although the connection may be successfully, the catalog won't sync.

Message 26 of 96

Me too, did you figure this out @rire?

Message 27 of 96
Beta Member

Message 28 of 96
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @benannabakery

I moved your post over to a thread with the same topic

Check out the helpful tips from Helen to get this working for you. Please let me know if that doesn't do the trick for your Facebook Sync issues. 

Kassi
Message 29 of 96

I’m having the same issue except I don’t get the last message you received. It says it’s connected to Facebook so I go onto my page and click on shop and none of my items are showing and it makes me manually add my items. I’ve spent hours trying to go through everything I can possibly think of and nothing is working

Message 30 of 96
Alumni

If the steps that @JustinC included within his Best Answer didn't get you where you need to be, please be sure to reach out directly to our Customer Success team so that we can give you a hand with this, @nikkirolando. It may also be worth reaching out to Facebook about the issues you're running into, as they manage this integration.

Valentina
Message 31 of 96
Beta Member

Very frustrating. I'm having the this issue with catalogue for almost two months. Facebook says is square issue and square says is Facebook issue. No one seems to know how to solve this.

I reckon they just should remove the connection service from square backend until they have it work so people wouldn't get frustrated.

Really keen to see an example of any store  successfully connected and syncing with Facebook Catalog.

Message 32 of 96

Wix connected perfectly fine but I don’t like the platform and it doesn’t have an option for pick up/delivery and other things that I love about Weebly/Square, so I’m hoping the issue gets resolved. 

Message 33 of 96

I did find one of my issues -- The free square up site actually comes with two free domain names.

in my case:

mirawoodworth.weebly.com

mirawoodworth.square.site

When I set up the FB/IG shopping, I set it up for mirawoodworth.weebly.com. That went through all the approvals but I could not tag because the pixel is set up for mirawoodworth.square.site. 

I had to go into the business manager and delete the weebly.com and re-set up for the square.site.  I was reapproved for the square.site.

Now I need to add some more product to see if it auto uploads.  One thing on that - I read somewhere that the Pixel is triggered to update when you get traffic on your site. So I went to my site and clicked on each of my new products. They did not immediately appear on FB/IG, but they were there a few hours later. I don't know if the clicking triggered the upload or not - could be a coincidence. I  Will test.

And finally, once the product is uploaded, you have to get on a desktop and go into your commerce manager and add your products to your shop. Find the "manage shop" button. They will not appear to your followers online until you add them to your shop.

Be well!

Message 34 of 96

It looks like I have to do double work, maintenance for squareup and facebook/instagram.

Terrible!!

Message 35 of 96

Hello,

I'm getting the same exact error 

You should know...
Looks like you turned off requested permissions in the Facebook connection flow, so you will not be able to access the Shopping on Instagram feature" 

how can I fix this ?

Message 36 of 96

New store. I managed to get my products to sync with FB. I have noticed, though, that it doesn't sync my inventory amounts. 

Anyone have a fix for this? 

Message 37 of 96

Hey @aflores3 thanks so much for reaching out about this and welcome to the Seller Community! I've merged your post with an existing thread that may help answer your question. In this thread, I post a help article that I would love to have you check to make sure all of your settings are also correctly set up. 

Please let me know if this helps at all. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 38 of 96

Hi Ashley - any update on this issue? I too have all my products appearing in Facebook with an inventory of "0" which means I cannot sell any of my items on Facebook.

How can I get my inventory to sync from Square to Facebook correctly?

Message 39 of 96

How do I fix the issue of the quantities from my SquareCatalogSyncDirectUploadXMLFeed not mapped correctly to my Facebook Store. Everything else seems to be ok but the quantities are not being mapped. Thanks 

Message 40 of 96

Hey there, @DarEnterprises

Welcome to the Community! 

I have moved your post to another thread where other sellers had this issue with Facebook & syncing. 

Take a look at the Best Answer in this thread for the instructions you're looking for. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 41 of 96

It's April 29, 2022 and I'm STILL having issues with square syncing to my Facebook /insta shops. This has literally been going on for years. Any resolution? Pixel installed because I have a large inventory that changes constantly. I'm not imbedding micro date into every product. What else can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Message 42 of 96