x

Online Ordering Adding iPhone Autocomplete with "+1" Makes Phone Number invalid

Right now our customers are currently trying to order online and when their iPhone autocompletes the phone number for them it makes it into +1626####### 

We have to tell them to remove the "+1" in the front but is it possible to make this a valid format since iPhone's are autocompleting their phone number for them 

I'm sure there's plenty of other people experiencing this issue

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 3.19.22 PM.png

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

This is the first time I've heard this, but I think you've got the right idea here, @acaijoint!

Because there is a drop-down menu for your customers to use to select their country code (+1), the phone number field needs to contain a ten-digit phone number. It sounds like their iPhones are using the contact card information to autofill their phone number including the country code, rather than the ten-digit phone number most people are familiar with. I went ahead and bubbled this feedback on up to our team.

Because this space was intended to hold a ten-digit phone number, I'd recommend continuing to advise customers to enter only their ten-digit phone number in the phone number space to avoid seeing this error. Thanks for flagging this!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Best Answer

This is the first time I've heard this, but I think you've got the right idea here, @acaijoint!

Because there is a drop-down menu for your customers to use to select their country code (+1), the phone number field needs to contain a ten-digit phone number. It sounds like their iPhones are using the contact card information to autofill their phone number including the country code, rather than the ten-digit phone number most people are familiar with. I went ahead and bubbled this feedback on up to our team.

Because this space was intended to hold a ten-digit phone number, I'd recommend continuing to advise customers to enter only their ten-digit phone number in the phone number space to avoid seeing this error. Thanks for flagging this!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2