x
Beta Member

How to delete an extra site on my online store?

I had already paid for a "Professional" account and created my weebly website accordingly.  Your recent conversion of separate FREE accounts broke my PAID account.  It no longer shows up as a PAID Professional account.  My statistics are all wiped out.  I have orders showing up on my old site as well as my new site even though I have all domain redirections going to my PAID weebly site.  My shipping information got wiped out and telling me I need to reconnect to Paypal even though I was already connected to take Paypal payments.  Please contact me immediately.  I have active ordering and I need to ensure my customers can order properly and that I can properly manage my account and ship orders.  I was unable to find any live chat support despite the information on your site explaining that you have live chat support.  This needs to be fixed immediately without further breaking my account or disrupting my online store.

Message 1 of 21
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @WhitneyMaille,

We wouldn't be able to reach out or look at this with you here from the Community.

Please reach out to our direct CS team so they can take a closer look and help you correct anything that didn't migrate correctly. 

You can request your customer code through that link to give us a call.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 21

Best Answer

@WineCurmudgeon Ah sorry for the misunderstanding on the details.

Unfortunately I checked in with Weebly and where it shows the multiple sites on the side doesn't show an option or menu to delete them. 

CS also isn't able to do this so for now there wouldn't be a way to remove it. 

Ashley C

View Best Answer >

Message 18 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Beta Member

The migration has been a NIGHTMARE.

When items were synced, they did not default to show images, and they DID default to "not visible" for all items, which means NO ITEMS show in my new store.

Fix for the images was simple- after some poking around, found the default and changed it to "sync images" so now the images show.

As far as making items visible- not so easy. 

Items do not show on my website portal page- it just shows a blank screen when I hit "items" off to the left and says "items have been synced". But no way to pull up the synced items in order to change settings. So I have to go back to Square dashboard, pull up the item, scroll down, then go to "online store settings" which then takes me to the item in the online store editor. and I can make visible there.  I have to do this iteration for hundreds of items and it is taking me HOURS to do. This is unacceptable.

Online support has been a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. I NEED HELP AND AM UNABLE TO RECEIVE IT.

I love Square, but this migration has been a true nightmare.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 21

when my site got moved to new site, I lost my promote accelerate marketing plan, lost all segmentation and everything is now gone

Message 3 of 21

Best Answer

Hey @WhitneyMaille,

We wouldn't be able to reach out or look at this with you here from the Community.

Please reach out to our direct CS team so they can take a closer look and help you correct anything that didn't migrate correctly. 

You can request your customer code through that link to give us a call.

Ashley C
Message 4 of 21
Beta Member

This still being an issue is UNACCEPTABLE!!!! 

I still have a second free site unpublished that cannot be deleted AND I cannot link my site to my social media. Not being able to sell thru Instagram and Facebook is literally costing me thousands of dollars. 

FIX THIS BUG!!!!!!

Little by little we human beings are confronted with situations that give us more and more clues that we are not perfect.
-Fred Rogers
Message 5 of 21

Last year, when we were told about the Square's acquisition of Weebly, and that the online store would be handled by weebly, we took the option of opening our online store there.  We had it set up the way we liked it, had our domain name pointed at the new site, and everything was working correctly.  Since February, we've been receiving emails and messages that the site on Square (the old one) would eventually migrate over if we hadn't moved over ourselves.  Well, that change finally happened last month, and now our website isn't working like it should.  We noticed we have two (2) weebly sites, though one is the old square site.  The two sites are conflicting with each other, my domain isn't working like it should, though DNS settings haven't changed, and I even made sure to check them in case they did.  Is anyone else having this issue?  How do we resolve this?   I just want to get rid of that old square site.  

Message 6 of 21
Beta Member

Same.  I've been in contact with support and a few of the issues have been fixed.  I'm told that my old site cannot be removed without risking losing my new site or parts of it.  I asked if I could have my new site that I created with hours of work could be my default site when I log into my dashboard.  Nope.  Can't do.  Every time I log in I have to make sure I navigate to the correct site as it always defaults to the old one.  I even changed the name to be alphabetically at the end with no luck.

I still don't have my full "PAID" functionality in my dashboard as some features are still not accessible to me despite my paid subscription status.  The migration has been a complete bungle and support takes weeks of back and forth to accomplish even the most minor fixes while most things never quite seem to get fixed.  Moving to a Paypal based site or other is looking more and more like an option in the near future.

Message 7 of 21
Beta Member

same. Beyond frustrating to have these kind of issues. Its been too long to have them not resolved. 😞

Little by little we human beings are confronted with situations that give us more and more clues that we are not perfect.
-Fred Rogers
Message 8 of 21

Whoa, just back after long break. No items moved to new site while I was gone.  How do I recover the items? I have selected them but nothing moves.

Message 9 of 21

Hey @mtree,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had a migration that didn't move over properly.

You'll want to reach out to our direct CS team if anything didn't merge correctly so they can further assist. 

Ashley C
Message 10 of 21

Determined problem.  When migration was done all items were unavailable online.

Message 11 of 21

@mtree Ah makes sense!

Thanks for coming back with the update too in case other sellers are experiencing the same thing.

Ashley C
Message 12 of 21
Beta Member

Last month square sites updated, and now, somehow my square account is linked to two websites, one that I set up when we had to shut down for the pandemic with my own url, and now a second that ends in square.site. 

When this happened it also caused errors in my social media links, now I cannot reconnect my site to facebook or instagram and am missing out on the opportunity to sell from my social media platforms. 

I called when I realized this happened but it has not yet been resolved. There must be a way to delete this "free" website that square automatically set up. Can anyone advise how to handle this?

-Fred Rogers
Message 13 of 21

I too have found setting up a Square store has been very difficult. Support chat very difficult to reach. Extremely disappointed and frustrated Weebly customer.

Message 14 of 21
Beta Member

I'm trying to setup my new website/store on Weebly. Somehow I ended up with the website I'm setting up and another website with the same name followed by (copy). How do I delete the copy? I keep getting warning about some of my websites not being published, Which is OK because I don't want to publish the copy. I'd just like to clean up the online store and only have one website to manage.

Message 15 of 21

Hey @WineCurmudgeon,

For any issues with the migration you'll want to contact our direct CS team for help.

There's not a way for you to delete your store from your end so this will be something they may have to pass up to engineering to do on the back end.

Ashley C
Message 16 of 21
Beta Member

I don't want to delete my store. As I understand it, Weebly allows multiple websites each with a different URL, all for the same store but the websites can be configured differently, with different items for example. I want to delete one of those websites, not my store.

Message 17 of 21

Best Answer

@WineCurmudgeon Ah sorry for the misunderstanding on the details.

Unfortunately I checked in with Weebly and where it shows the multiple sites on the side doesn't show an option or menu to delete them. 

CS also isn't able to do this so for now there wouldn't be a way to remove it. 

Ashley C
Message 18 of 21

How do you delete the other store that I created by mistake?? Please let me know thanks.

Message 19 of 21

Hello-

We accidentally created two extra websites while playing around with Square during set-up. We ended up purchasing a professional website subscription to set up the one website we need, but now we can't figure out how to delete the two extra sites that we do not need.

Message 20 of 21

Hey @wishyouwell,

I moved your post to an existing post where other sellers had the same question.

You aren't able to delete any sites and there's not a way as of right now to do it from our side either. 

Ashley C
Message 21 of 21